Got a question...

shllby1

Ok, just say that you have disputed and things come back validated properly and you pay them Will it show on your credit report as paid? And if it does will that change your score at all? I have some things that have been validated and now I just want to pay them. Is this wrong? Thanks!

Ok, just say that you have disputed and things come back validated properly and you pay them Will it show on your credit report as paid? And if it does will that change your score at all? I have some things that have been validated and now I just want to pay them. Is this wrong? Thanks!

If these are CA's on your credit report, paying them isn't going to have any impact on your score. I would send them a GW letter before you pay them, getting them to agree to removal of the account once it is PIF. :)

If these are CA's on your credit report, paying them isn't going to have any impact on your score. I would send them a GW letter before you pay them, getting them to agree to removal of the account once it is PIF. :)

Actually if they are older CAs then they can negatively impact your score if you pay them. It will update to a current date making it appear more recent. For sure try to work out a PFD!!! And get it in writing!!!!

A paid collection is as damaging as the collection itself...your best bet is offer PFD...you can whip up an "agreement to settle debt", include the stipulation that upon accepting your payment in full they will delete any and all records from the CRA's...include a restricted endorsement on the back of your cashier's check (don't use a personal check)...have them sign it, return it to you agreeing they will delete for payment in full and PAY IT!!

Actually if they are older CAs then they can negatively impact your score if you pay them. It will update to a current date making it appear more recent. For sure try to work out a PFD!!! And get it in writing!!!!

Oooh - didn't think about the resetting of the date. But hey - at least I was right about the letter! ;)

Lovebug...you have to mean a PFD letter right? I've never heard of GW to a collection agency before the fact.

Thanks Guys, so basically I need to pray for a PFD. I dont know if they will go for it. I have AFNI, NCO and Asset Acceptance and Unique but I hear that PFD is almost impossible with them. Now if they are more recent like 2006-2007 would it help to pay them or still try the PFD? I am sending the letters out this week.

shllby1...

I have dealt with AFNI and have had them deleted...when their back is up against the wall they back down...

I disputed numerous times with them...they ALWAYS verify to the CRA'S but do not or will not validate to you!! It took a complaint to the BBB (you can do it online)...For your desired resolution mention their "willful neglect and complete disregard to follow the laws of the FDCPA and the FCRA considering the damage they have done to my credit score and the defamation of character I have suffered from this invalidated debt that the only settlement acceptable to you at this point is the complete removal of this listing from any and all CRA's".

Good luck!

shllby1...

I have dealt with AFNI and have had them deleted...when their back is up against the wall they back down...

I disputed numerous times with them...they ALWAYS verify to the CRA'S but do not or will not validate to you!! It took a complaint to the BBB (you can do it online)...For your desired resolution mention their "willful neglect and complete disregard to follow the laws of the FDCPA and the FCRA considering the damage they have done to my credit score and the defamation of character I have suffered from this invalidated debt that the only settlement acceptable to you at this point is the complete removal of this listing from any and all CRA's".

Good luck!

Thanks, I am going to fire out a DV letter today and then wait, how long did it take before they responded?