No response to DV... next step(s)

conner

Ok.. I just wanted to have a full understanding before I sent the letter off...

I am on my 2nd DV with Presidio. I sent the first one out on August 31, they signed for it September 2, so their 30 days are up... I was goign to mail a 2nd letter off today...

I have read so many different things this morning on what I should do next. So I have a few questions:

First is a second letter necessary or should I just move on to the next step?

Can I sue them?

How do I know if they are registered to collect in my state? I have searched on https://a069-webapps1.nyc.gov/dca_new/index.cfm but withouth a licence number it pulls up nothing.

Should I write a letter to the BBB?

As far as just jumping to suing, it's a bad idea in my opinion. A judge will want to see you gave them a chane to correct their mistakes. So send them a second DV, stating you haven't received the their response from the first DV. If they continue to report/update to the CRA's thats a violation.

I'm not sure about the licensing.

You might want to dispute the tradelines with CRA's . And see if they verify or not . If they verify without answering your DV then thats 1 violation.

Then DV again to add to your pile of proof. Also sometimes the CA won't remove tradeline from just a DV alone, they'll wait for the CRA's to ask them to verify first then they will remove. They hope that you won't dispute with the CRA and then the tradeline stay's, But if you do dipute with CRA's rather then risk violation by verifying they'll remove it.

good luck

You do NOT DV credit reporting agencies...EQ, EX & TU. You dispute your account with them. You do DV collection agencies. Just wanted to make sure you understood that.

In my opinion you need to dispute with the CRA's FIRST, then wait for results from the investigation. If the results are "verified" then you DV the collection agency reporting the account.

I saw my typo error... I meant that I had already disputed with both CRA's that were reporting the account and both came back verified. I have sent 1 DV letter to the CA and they didnt respond... so I am going to send them another DV letter hoping that they do not respond again and I can get them removed for GOOD!!

Ok... bout to send my letter, I just wanted to know if I was providing too much information.

I wrote my 2nd DV letter and have included:

(1) The original letter i sent on 8/31

(2) The signature page of who accepted my letter

(3) The receipt from my certified mail purchase

(4) A copy of the pages from my credit report investigation report that shows that they account was verified

Is this giving them too much information?

Also.. if I don't have a complete account number (only have whats on my credit report) will this work agains me in the future?

• 1 month later...

I got a letter from Equifax last week verifiying this account yet again. I have already sent 2 DV letters, so should my next step be ITS? They keep verifiying with the CRA's (or they are not really investigating them... and in that case, would that be a violation on the CRA's part?) but have yet to respond to any of my letters & it has been well over 2 months now.

Has anyone had any luck having Presidio removed?