vilchudo

MANN BRACKEN, LLC sent a phony Validation...help to reply

Hello every body....:)

I DV MANN BRACKEN LLC one month ago. I just received thier answer yesterday. They attach a"BASIC ACCOUNT INFORMATION" in their onw letter head, and a "DETAILED ACCOUNT INFORMATION" this one came Certified by a Notary public with stamp and everything. However, the information in both papers is the same, they only show the balace, the name of the OC, the present interest rate, the signature of allegedly Authorized representative of FIA card services agent (which is the OC) and nothing more...furthermore the account number printed in thier letter does not match with mine. I do not know if this is a typing error of them or what but that number is definetly not mine.

I would like to know your toughts aboutwhat should be my next step. I would like to try to settle it but I do not want to sound desperate or something like that.

Thank you!

When was your last payment to FIA? I would not accept that documentation as valid. I would expect them to have your credit card statements. Which would show the correct account information. To me, if they mailed you a letter with an account number that does not match up too your credit report, then they already proved what they are reporting is not your account.

Thank you for yuo answer FIZZLE1979, My last payment was on 11-2006. What about the letter with the Notary public stamp?, is that not valid either?. how should I reply to them?

Thanks!

what is your dispute? Why do you need validation? The amount? Not your card? They didn't give you fake validation, they gave you what they were given. Unfortunately, FIA is what is left of MBNA after the merger with BoA, so that print out is an OC document. You have to be specific with your dispute.

Watch out - I feel an arbitration coming on.

what is your dispute? Why do you need validation? The amount? Not your card? They didn't give you fake validation, they gave you what they were given. Unfortunately, FIA is what is left of MBNA after the merger with BoA, so that print out is an OC document. You have to be specific with your dispute.

Watch out - I feel an arbitration coming on.

My dispute was for the number it is not the same. Should I try to settle with them? If so, what would be the best approch to take? is there any letter you may recomend to start the settle process?

Than k you for your advise!

I just found out that this Law Firm is not Licenced to deal in Michigan...can use this against them? how?

What is an arbitration?:shock: I saw that in one of your answers, "an arbitration is coming out"?

Thank you!

Vilchudo, I'm on Mann Bracken's radar as well. check out budhibbs.com and look for Mann Bracken, there is a lot of info about them there. They are sleazy. RecoveringAtty was referring to Mann Bracken's MO. You DV, they respond, then they'll take you to arbitration.

http://www.budhibbs.com/debtcollectorpages/mann_bracken.htm

Probably shortly, you'll get a packet from FedEx. This packet, if you sign for it, will be getting served for an arbitration hearing. There is a lot of info about arbitration, it isn't fun. You must request an in-person hearing to have a chance. Bud Hibbs has some advice on how to handle this situation.

CarolinaBlueEyes had a great thread on her arbitration experience and she won. Do a search for her thread.

As to settling, I'm not sure. I wanted to go the same route, but I don't trust them. I DV'ed them back in July and they have not responded in any way, shape or form. If you do settle, make sure you get it in writing before you pay anything, make sure they agree its considered settled, they can't come after the balance and they won't sell the balance. Keep us posted with how it works out. I'm waiting for them to respond to my DV or try to serve me w/ Arb papers.

Also, I don't think its a problem they aren't licensed to practice law in Michigan. As to having to be registered as a CA, I'm not positive about that. They can't sue you, but they'll find a local atty to do that for them.

Specifically, if you haven't heard of arbitration, its the joke of a system set up by the credit card companies to go after people who have defaulted. You might have signed something that you would go to arbitration w/ the CC if something happened (such as a default) when you applied for the credit card. Its in the fine print. Basically its a joke. They hire judges, present their case (think of a court where you have little chance unless you put up a real fight) and the judges make their decisions. Usually its against the consumer. Then with an arbitration decision in their favor, they'll use the real courts to obtain a judgement against you. Its hard to fight this in court, as I understand it, once you have an arb judgement against you, its basically impossible to fight it in court. Then of course once they get a judgement, they can use other means to get their money (wage garnishment, bank garnishment, etc depending on the laws of your state). Also it stays active for 10 years and is renewable.

I'm scared to death of arb. I've seen an atty and also with some immense help from member on this board, if you do get served (you must be served for the arb), you must request an in-person hearing. They'll want a document hearing. Don't do this as it'll really just be a rubber stamp in their favor. So you'll need an in-person hearing and need to go do that. But that may be a while away, I'm not sure how fast they move.

Not trying to scare you but I've seen where a lot of people ignore the arb summons, do not do this. Its real. Its not fake. And its binding.