Denied Employment

Misschievous

Hello everybody...am new here :) I joined after being denied employment due to collection accts on my CR. :cry:

My delema-I do not have any bad credit since my divorce in 2001, problem is that my collection accts keep getting re-purchased and everytime this happens it shows a new open date, even though the original DOFD with the original creditor was 2001 or prior. I have a forclosure dated 2001, yet it shows 2005 on my CR, along with another small acct that dates back to 1999, yet shows Jan 2007!!! UGH!!!! what do I do??? :?

Have you disputed them with the Credit Bureaus?

Yes I have disputed them, and one says "Account in dispute under FCBA", and the other one sates "meets requirement of the FCRA", even though the open date is 2005, reported since date is 2005, status date is 2005 & last reported date is 2007, BUT the actual DOFD is in 2001. This is what Im confused about. Can a collection agency do that, not report the original DOFD? :confused:

This is why I was denied employment, cause everything shows current :evil:

Can a collection agency do that, not report the original DOFD? :confused:

No. The FCRA says they must post the original delinquency date within 90 days of issuing the tradeline and if the original date is not available to them they must take measures to ensure the date reported is the same or older than the original delinquency date.

If you have been denied employment and the employer has specifically said the reason was due to that collection account, you should contact an attorney and sue the collection agency. You will have quite a high-dollar case so attorneys would be very happy to take the case on. Your actual damages would be equal to the value of the annual salary times the number of years to retirement; so it should be quite a large number.