Sign in to follow this  
xozzie1x

"payment after chargeoff/Collection

I had a phone w/ verizon Wireless for less than 30 days..after about 2 weeks, I decided i didn't like the phone, so returned it during the "trial period" I then recieved a bull from a 3rd party collector, for 53 dollars which has been paid off. (this was this time last year) and now my report is showing this as Charge off, and is hurting my report...any suggestions

I had a phone w/ verizon Wireless for less than 30 days..after about 2 weeks, I decided i didn't like the phone, so returned it during the "trial period" I then recieved a bull from a 3rd party collector, for 53 dollars which has been paid off. (this was this time last year) and now my report is showing this as Charge off, and is hurting my report...any suggestions

I would try and dispute the with the Credit Reporting Agencies first.. if it doesnt come off, try a goodwill letter to the collection agency. They seem to be a lot nicer in removing items when they are paid.

ok..what if i don't remember the agency who I paid? on my report is says verizon wireless, but I know it was a 3rd party

I just FINALLY got a Verizon of my DH's report by disputing as contract cancelled before charge off. I had previously said not mine and they verified, however, when I changed the dispute reason it's now gone.

xdancex