Rick9972

Letter to NCO

Attached is a letter I am sending NCO over a old medical bill, that has been sold at least twice, I believe. Tell me what you think.

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to your failure to reply to my previous letter dated February 22, 2007 in reference to an initial notice sent to me on February 3, 2007. As you are aware in that letter I advised you that I was disputing your claim and required validation pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (B).

I specifically requested and have failed to receive the following information:

What the money you say I owe is for;

Provide Date of Service;

Provide detail list of services received;

Provide the name of who received services;

Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;

Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;

Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;

Identify the original creditor;

Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account

Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

As my dispute was filed within thirty days of your initial contact with me, I instructed you that should, your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.

I also requested, in writing, and will reiterate now, that no telephone contacts be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

I was thus very surprised to find this collection account listed on my credit report after several months of no response from you. I once again contacted you about this account on August 31, 2007, again received confirmation that you received my letter and once again received no reply from you. I am also very surprised that though you have not followed your legal responsibilities in supplying required information to me, you continue to verify this account with the credit reporting agencies.

I once again am requesting that you supply the requested documents or permanently remove this account from all credit reporting agencies. With the numerous violations noted, I require that you respond to this letter within 15 days of receipt. I am afraid I will be forced to pursue other alternatives if you fail to respond in a correct manner.

I will let everyone know how it turns out, after I receive all you wonderful advice and send it.

Thanks

whocares-KS huh? Not many of us on these boards. Gonna pass on some very valuable info next week about KS consumer protection laws and such. Gotta wait till the case is over before I spew any of the details. See ya next week.

MadinKS