GEMB/Home Depot

Bank of America

ANFI

Green Tree

Conseco

Dell Financial

Paragon Way

Chase

and three more I don't recall right away!

Fourteen derogs in 3 months!

Many THANKS to all my CIC friends for your posts and replies!

WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!

I like a success story as much as anyone and I'm usually the first to ask "How'd you do it?" so I apologize for not typing an extra paragraph or two in the original post.

By and large the majority of the DELETES came from DV'ing the CA/OC with the form letters posted in here and in the G.C. Is Sexy book. I edited the letters to fit my specific situation and broke up and/or combined the standard paragraphs to keep them from looking like "another form letter". One of the first tips I picked up from reading in here was to use the form letters as guides to convey my message, but not to use the letters verbatim.

Very few results after my first round of DVs, until I realized I wasn't following The Flow Chart. That mistake even caused me to pick up new Derogs on some of my CRs. Iniatilly, I had DV'd the CA/OC and but didn't dispute the CRA and vice versa. Once I backed up and followed The Flow Chart, I started seeing results.

I hit a low when I received my first "verified/validated... will continue being reported as such blah blah blah". I thought that particular one was a dead issue. I refused to take NO for an answer and I stayed after them... So long, AFNI.

Against the indirect advice of some of the more knowledgeable CIC veterans, I did use the CRAs' online dispute forms. I've stayed away from baddies that I knew were mine and anything within the 7.5 year mark, even if SOL was on my side. But eventually EX and EQ beat me to the punch and deleted some of the older negs just from the online dispute and without anything sent to the OC. I lost track a couple of times as to what I had disputed so I started keeping better notes and records of my work. I did figure out that if I disputed anything right after a recent round of disputes, the CRA would refresh their investigation and they would add another 15 days to the original 30 before they responded (TU takes full advantage of that) Waiting is the hardest part. I concentrated most of my time on TU since it had the highest number of Derogs and Inqs, then while waiting out the 30 day window, I started on EX, both online and written.

Be persistent. I jumped ahead in the flow chart on a few, and knowing which of the baddies weren't mine, I filed BBB and AG's office complaints at the same time I sent out the DVs. AFNI flipped off the BBB but caved in to Illinois AG's Office. Paragon Way caved in to BBB.

I still have a lot of work to do. I have some stuff I know for a fact is mine. There are a couple that I dare not touch because they drop off on their own in a few months. I purposely avoided Home Depot and Chase, but I disputed them by accident and EX deleted them, probably after they couldn't validate for not having the docs anymore. So now I can pursue the same accts with TU and EQ.

I still send out a couple of CMRRRs a week, and while I rarely get a response letter, the derogs end up being deleted.

Bottom line: Be persistent. Plan Your Work - Work Your Plan.

to the latest group of bad boys...

NCO

Unifund

AAC

GEMB/Home Depot

Bank of America

ANFI

Green Tree

Conseco

Dell Financial

Paragon Way

Chase

and three more I don't recall right away!

Fourteen derogs in 3 months!

Many THANKS to all my CIC friends for your posts and replies!

WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!

Super work !!! Congrats.

My question is I see many of these are OC's and will and do not have to respond to DV letters, so how did you get rid of someone like Dell who loves to keep in on your records for the full time.

What did you do with Dell to get them to listen and even remove?

Adios! After Round 2;

Security Finance

Auto One Acceptance

LVNV Funding LLC

NCO Financial (#3)

Credit Collection Service

ASSHAT Acceptance LLC

While none of these accounts were ever mine, they had been piggy backed onto my report. Some of the OCs and CAs decided I was more responsible than the legit owner and probably figured I'd pay or settle!

They can kiss my rosey xshakeitx goodbye!