Sign in to follow this  
andknapp

Judgement question.

I have a question about this. So I have a paid judgement on my report for an apartment complex. When I tried to get a new hearing, they basically said in a letter to the judge that they have no idea what a $77 judgment was for but that I had paid them all the money that I owed them when I paid them $2000+ a couple of years ago.

This caused the judge to mark it as paid instead of setting a new hearing for it. If a new hearing had been set for it, there wouldn't have been a judgment against me since they had no idea what it was for to begin with. They didn't have an attorney representing them when they filed the suit against me. When I called the courthouse to see about getting it vacated, they told me I had to go through the Indiana State Court of Appeals for some reason.

Is there any paperwork that I can just send to the apartment complex to have them sign and then send to the court to get this vacated? A judgment for $77 that shouldn't even be there is severly dropping my score and I want it gone. When I send a letter to the court trying to explain the situation, they send me back a letter saying that it has been satisfied.

Any help is appreciated!

Prepare a Motion to Vacate and have it delivered to the people that had the judgment against you. Your reason for the motion will be what you explained here. Then take that motion to the court where the judgment was awarded, speak to the clerk, the judge will sign it and it should be granted.