Catch24

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO Midland...

Midland is finally out of here!! My last baddie on a couple of my reports. Took complaints to BBB, Bama AG and FTC and 7 wks of waiting after complaints but I received an e-mail from BBB this morning with an attached response from Midland stating we received this debt from so in so and Catch owes this much $ and the law allows for timely request for validation and so on and so on and to date Catch has failed to provide Midland with any documentation to substantiate his dispute but the last paragraph states "However, in accordance with Midland Credit's policy to reach affirmatively to consumer issues, the account was moved to a special holding-queue where all account activity,Collection, REPORTING AND SALE OF ACCOUNTS ARE PROHIBITED! IN ADDITION THE BIG 3 HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED TO REMOVE THIS ITEM FROM Catch's report!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Midland has been an SOB folks. My hardest by far!! I almost gave in and paid this one. I did do a PFD with Applied Card Bank for alittle less than half and it is off my reports. The rest was good old fashioned writing and complaining and CMRRR $. Let me add that Jason Welding at Applied card bank is great to work with if you are looking for a PFD, a man of his word!!!!

Guys, I started this repair with about 12 baddies on each of my reports ( I think 1 report had 14 baddies cause Midland had their acct listed 3 times) and my scores were around 510-540 (myfico)on all 3 reports. To date I have 1 baddie on each report that will fall off in Feb 08 and 1 other baddie on 1 of my reports and my scores are all 635-659 (myfico)on all 3 reports. Now rebuilding!

The best advise I can give is remove all incorrect personal information ( incorrect addresses,name spelling SS#'s, phone #'s) on all 3 reports as soon as possible!!!!!!!!! All of this is used to verify anything you try to contest or dispute with the big 3 and the harder you make it for them to identify the easier it is to get deleted!!! I really feel like this is one of the most important factors in starting out you repair!!!!! And I would advise to do all disputes with big 3 in writing except, EQ with inquiries online is O.K. but everything else do in writing CMRRR.

Medicals were the easiest for me to remove. DV,DV,DV and then DV AGAIN!! Do not give up!!! It is gonna be time consuming and get very frustrating but don't give in, IT WILL HAPPEN SOONER OR LATER. AGGRAVATE THEM (JDB's AND CA's)TO DEATH. Let them know you know the law and they can't run over you. Send em a nice little letter to start and progressively get stronger and stronger. Nutcase letters worked good for a couple and ITS letters worked for other's. Not everything works for every acct. If you don't get the same results from each thing you try, try something different! E-MAIL any corporate people you can find an e-mail to. I have found this works very good if you just act frustrated and like no one will help you with this use the poor me route....Not being an a$$ to start is what I'm meaning then if that doesn't work you can progress from there!

And lastly CMRRR everything so you have proof you tried in case you do go to court. I never had to go to court although I could have with a couple this is where the NUTCASE AND ITS letters worked. I sent everything CMRRR just in case and the CA's/JDB's know you have proof also. Also send off $ for a couple secured cards right at the beginning of your journey so as to have positive credit building. Even if it is just $300.00 you have to have positive credit to go along with clean credit.

IT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP WHEN IT GETS BUMPY!!! AND BELIEVE ME IT WILL GET BUMPY BEFORE IT GETS SMOOTH!! TIME IS THE KEY!!!!!! And thanks to all of you for this great wealth of info here that helped me so much.

Catch.

Let them know you know the law and they can't run over you.

Not everything works for every acct. IT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP WHEN IT GETS BUMPY!!!

First of all, GREAT JOB Catch!!!:twothumbsup:

I could not agree with you more on the above statements. As you DV you get to "feel out" the accounts and use the LAW and the CA's disregard for it to get the job done!!

I almost gave up on my fight with Capital One and they are GONE!!

The Law and time are really on your side the minute you start your credit repair/building journey!

Congrats!

I wish I would have read this first before I continued my own thread regarding Midland. I just finally received a similar letter but mine stops at:

"moved to a special holding-queue where all collection activity, credit reporting and sale of accounts are prohibited. You have no obligation for this account."

No where does it state they will notify CRA's. What does this mean?

Thanks,

bjm

Not for sure about it not including the "notify the CRA's" statement but your letter does state it was moved to the special holding queue where it will NOT BE REPORTED,SOLD OR ANY FURTHER COLLECTION ACTIVITY DONE!!!

That is a big plus 4 u! When u dispute it now Midland will not respond and it should not be verified thus leading to a DELETE!!! It is still a big plus for u!!Catch

I wish I would have read this first before I continued my own thread regarding Midland. I just finally received a similar letter but mine stops at:

"moved to a special holding-queue where all collection activity, credit reporting and sale of accounts are prohibited. You have no obligation for this account."

No where does it state they will notify CRA's. What does this mean?

Thanks,

bjm

I would send a letter to all 3 credit bureaus asking them to remove this from your reports with a copy of this letter you received from Midland. They should remove and Midland shouldn't report anymore so you WIN!:-)