Goodwill Letter Worked! 30 day mortgage late removed!

700wannabee

WOOO HOOO:lol:

I am so excited and so grateful! Unbelievable!!! I was so devestated by the mortgage late. I had worked so hard not to go 30 days past due, but in August ran into some tight situtations and it didnt get paid until 9/6/07.

I discovered this site, ordered the book (cause i gotta be sexy) and started with the hit that hurt me the most - a recent 30 day mortgage late. Ouch.

Here is the letter I wrote (sharing is caring; i love this site):

September 18, 2007

Litton Loan Servicing LP

4828 Loop Central Drive

Houston, TX 77081

RE: Account # 0x0x0x0x

Dear Dispute Review Team,

I am writing to you today regarding my 1st mortgage account. The purpose of my correspondence is to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies.

Last month, I was in the process of refinancing my 1st and 2nd mortgage into one loan; however, I discovered I had a prepayment penalty expiring November 10th, 2007. In the interest not paying a prepayment penalty two months before it would be waived, I discontinued the refinance process.

After deciding not to pay Litton off, I sent out a payment via personal check though the USPS mail service on August 24th, 2007 in the amount of $735.00 for my August payment (late fee included). I received a phone call September 6th, 2007 from a Litton Loan agent, requesting August and September payment. Shocked it had not been processed, I immediately paid the August payment in the amount of $745.17 over the phone.

On September 11th, I received a letter from my 2nd mortgage company, EMC Mortgage, stating they had received a check made out to Litton Loan in the amount of $735.00. I realized my error was mailing my 1st mortgage payment to my 2nd mortgage company.

I know that payment was my responsibility and I am not attempting to justify this breach of agreement, I was however hoping you might review the circumstances under which this 30 day late occurred and consider removing the negative trade line associated with this account from my three credit reports.

As soon as I became aware of the balance I paid August payment with the late fee in full. I provide this not to justify why the account was past 10 day grace period, but rather to show that the issue with 30 day late is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that Litton Loan is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports as a one time exception.

I would like to STRESS that the information currently being reported IS accurate, (I am not disputing anything with the credit bureaus). I am simply asking Litton Loan for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove this 30 day late from my report. I do recognize this request is unique and that it may not be normal policy. My 1st mortgage loan (with Litton) is an adjustable rate scheduled to change in November 2007, and please understand with the current market conditions, it is more important than ever from me maintain my credit rating in order to protect my ability to secure another mortgage loan in the future.

Your kind consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

700 wannabee

And they wrote me a letter with 2 weeks of my request stating they would take it off with all 3 credit bureaus and allow 4 to 6 weeks. I just happened to get a copy of my Equifax report today and it was gone!

So excited.

8-)8-)8-)8-)

Unfortantely, i wont be able to refi with them. From what they explained to me when i tried to negoicate waiving my prepayment penalty if I refi with them, they said they can't orginate loans in Delaware, just service them. My loan was sold to them 2 years ago.