They updated after I DV'd and Disputed!

esanger

Got a letter from the CA in August, DV'd them 6 days later, then disputed with all 3 credit agencies. Have heard nothing on the DV nor from any of the CRA's since. However, I just got an update from true credit that they updated the experian collection. Isn't this a violation?

What if they update, just to be updating? Knowing they are effectively giving your score another hit.

I have a CA with 3 med accounts. All of these are old. I disputed 2 of them. The CA "updated" all 3 accounts 2 days after receiving my disputes. Did not mark any of them as disputed.

What I don't understand is that my FAKO is not getting hit by it that much, I am still in the low 700's, could it be because it is from 2003?

What ticks me off is I just got new car insurance and they inform me that I could have gotten a better rate had I not had that stupid collection on there.