aimlessbloom

phone number for the walmart card CS

I'm about to send information out to GE MoneyBank. They actually DENIED me due to "Unable to verify identity". They did this within 24 hours and to my knowledge never tried to verify or offer to have me send them any verification.

Its all weird.. but I don't think WM can help you if you don't already have the card.

If you find something out, I'd like to know!

I just called the number above and pressed # a few times then said operator (I hate those phone systems) It put me through and I said that I applied and it said it needed to verify more info and she transfered me to credit services, they asked me 4-5 questions and said I was approved! :mrgreen:xdancex

I'd call them and and ask to talk to credit services maybe they will put it through for you.

Well that was time mis-spent... very frustrating.

I didn't get the royal treatment described here. WM CS just simply said to "try again" since my home phone number couldn't be verified. I asked who could verify with questions and she said the fraud department, but mine hadn't been flagged and sent there. I asked for X-fer anyway and she did, so now I have a GE Moneybank agent on the phone. I explain the situation and he says we can't discuss it until the letter is in my hand. Since I got it online and was looking right at it, I pressed it but he somehow knew I didn't have a hard copy.

So I said, Ok, let's do one we can do then. I had in my hand an identical rejection letter for BELK, stating the same "unable to verify identity". He basically told me that's not what it says, it was denied due to low credit score. I told him I was looking right at it and it says what it says, and he should recall that I was initially calling for an identical letter for walmart. He puts me on hold, comes back and apologizes for the letter, says a new one will come that says score too low. What BS, I have a 675, what could they possibly want? IF I had a 720 I wouldn't be applying for a WM card, I'd get a CITI 20k card and shop wherever I want!

I can't help but to think someone somewhere screwed up or some kind of computer glitch I've been victimized by on the day of my app spree!

Well that was time mis-spent... very frustrating.

I didn't get the royal treatment described here. WM CS just simply said to "try again" since my home phone number couldn't be verified. I asked who could verify with questions and she said the fraud department, but mine hadn't been flagged and sent there. I asked for X-fer anyway and she did, so now I have a GE Moneybank agent on the phone. I explain the situation and he says we can't discuss it until the letter is in my hand. Since I got it online and was looking right at it, I pressed it but he somehow knew I didn't have a hard copy.

So I said, Ok, let's do one we can do then. I had in my hand an identical rejection letter for BELK, stating the same "unable to verify identity". He basically told me that's not what it says, it was denied due to low credit score. I told him I was looking right at it and it says what it says, and he should recall that I was initially calling for an identical letter for walmart. He puts me on hold, comes back and apologizes for the letter, says a new one will come that says score too low. What BS, I have a 675, what could they possibly want? IF I had a 720 I wouldn't be applying for a WM card, I'd get a CITI 20k card and shop wherever I want!

I can't help but to think someone somewhere screwed up or some kind of computer glitch I've been victimized by on the day of my app spree!

I thought u were waiting for something to call in a prove identity? Hadn't you been told that a few days ago? Let's just wait and see when you actually get the letter. Not tomorrow though, it is a holiday:( Keep us posted