WOW, so Much Information!

magnoliazz

Hello Everyone,:)++

I am new to the board, and I am in awe over all the information! I want to sue a creditor who called my elderly mother numerous times over a debt of mine. I talked to the Consumers Protection Agency here in WI, and the creditor got into trouble with the CPA and sent me a letter forgiving the entire debt. However, that is not the end of the story!

A year later they came after me again, this time with a LAWYER who is a debt collector. They call and call and leave messages on my voicemail, but they never send too many letters demading payment.

When they do call and leave a message on the voice mail they state that after 3 seconds...if I do not hang up...I am admitting that the debt is mine! What a bunch of bull!

I just let them continue on, because I know that I can get 1000.00 for every incident.

That may sound like I am an awful person, but I am not. 18 years ago I got hurt on the job, and became disabled. I live on SSD, a mere 1000.00 a month, and I am just lucky that I have a roof over my head. I don't have to tell you that I am angry. I have to go to the doctor a lot, and the hospital bills just continue to pile up, a medicare payment is no longer enough for most hospitals, and if you cannot comne up with the money, they go after your house! I have seen lots of people lose their home because of medical bills. Lucky for me that I do not have a home, because it would probably be gone if I did.

I try to help out other disabled people and tell them that creditors cannot touch their disability income. That's the only reason that I have no judgements against me...but who knows when that will change too??

I cannot believe what is happening to our country, everyone i know has big time DEBT! It is horrible, and I wonder how many people wake up in the middle of the night and worry about paying their bills. Let me tell you, this is not the America of my childhood.

We the People, have to stand up anbd FIGHT back! I tell people to try and stay away from credit cards, especially if you are poor, because you know there is no way you can pay them off.

Ok...that's enough of my problems...