Thanks...and Should I Sue?

I have not posted before. But I came and read threads from the credit repair. I also read the articles about the statute of limitation for debts. My friend who has a lawyer husband said it would cost 2,000 (or was it 20,000) to declare bankruptcy now. If I had that much money I could live for 2 months or for the second amount I'd be out of debt! Then I came here and realized that most of my debt should be far out of the statute dates. I don't know about you but the worry and sleepless nights and the tears the Collection Agencies have caused! I just Don't Have any money now. What a relief when I realized! I told everyone I knew to tell everyone they knew because I think that they, or their friends will have the need to know before they are done. You get laid off and your job goes to India or you get hurt and get nothing from the insurance or so many other things!

So thank you all for your posts. Seeing success happen inspired me. I felt what could I loose? So I challenged the credit agency that was hounding me and sent a registered letter to the attorney. And I got my credit report and disputed the negatives. The upshot was that out of 6 or 7 negatives. Only one remains. And that one should fall off soon. Although, that company has now hired a CA and they are sending me collection letters and calling where they had not before.

I do have another question now. The CA that had been hounding me was NCO. They had 2 debts. I sent the letter to the attorney. I got a phone call from the attorney's office on my answering machine asking me to call. Which I did not do. Nothing else, no proof of debts. And these debts for NCO were taken off my report. This attorney was in Austin,Texas. I am also in Texas.

Now I've got another letter from an attorney representing NCO, they are in Arkansas, Little Rock. Hosto, Buchan, Prater, & Lawrence PLLC. (Does anyone know what PLLC means?). They do not threaten a judgement but "Will take all steps necessary to protect our client's interests". It was dated September 26, 2007.

Now can/should I sue them? I believe this is the same debt they hounded me for before. There were two negatives listed on my report that had NCO on it, so I'm not entirely sure without finding the first attorney letter. However, it seems likely as one was only for a couple of hundred and this one is much larger. But I am entirely sure that I disputed these debts with Experian and that they did not provide proof and Experian took both debts off my credit report (as did Trans Union and I think the other one too).

If I sue, who do I sue? The lawyers or NCO? Because these NCO people seem sort of nebulous. I do have one of their old letters but am not sure where they are located. I'm concerned because now the lawyers are in another state. Can I take them to small claims court here in my own county?

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply!

I have not posted before. But I came and read threads from the credit repair. I also read the articles about the statute of limitation for debts. My friend who has a lawyer husband said it would cost 2,000 (or was it 20,000) to declare bankruptcy now. If I had that much money I could live for 2 months or for the second amount I'd be out of debt! Then I came here and realized that most of my debt should be far out of the statute dates. I don't know about you but the worry and sleepless nights and the tears the Collection Agencies have caused! I just Don't Have any money now. What a relief when I realized! I told everyone I knew to tell everyone they knew because I think that they, or their friends will have the need to know before they are done. You get laid off and your job goes to India or you get hurt and get nothing from the insurance or so many other things!

So thank you all for your posts. Seeing success happen inspired me. I felt what could I loose? So I challenged the credit agency that was hounding me and sent a registered letter to the attorney. And I got my credit report and disputed the negatives. The upshot was that out of 6 or 7 negatives. Only one remains. And that one should fall off soon. Although, that company has now hired a CA and they are sending me collection letters and calling where they had not before.

I do have another question now. The CA that had been hounding me was NCO. They had 2 debts. I sent the letter to the attorney. I got a phone call from the attorney's office on my answering machine asking me to call. Which I did not do. Nothing else, no proof of debts. And these debts for NCO were taken off my report. This attorney was in Austin,Texas. I am also in Texas.

Now I've got another letter from an attorney representing NCO, they are in Arkansas, Little Rock. Hosto, Buchan, Prater, & Lawrence PLLC. (Does anyone know what PLLC means?). They do not threaten a judgement but "Will take all steps necessary to protect our client's interests". It was dated September 26, 2007.

Now can/should I sue them? I believe this is the same debt they hounded me for before. There were two negatives listed on my report that had NCO on it, so I'm not entirely sure without finding the first attorney letter. However, it seems likely as one was only for a couple of hundred and this one is much larger. But I am entirely sure that I disputed these debts with Experian and that they did not provide proof and Experian took both debts off my credit report (as did Trans Union and I think the other one too).

If I sue, who do I sue? The lawyers or NCO? Because these NCO people seem sort of nebulous. I do have one of their old letters but am not sure where they are located. I'm concerned because now the lawyers are in another state. Can I take them to small claims court here in my own county?

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply!

Assuming that you had the first debt from NCO removed vy debt validation, I'd ask the second company for debt validation as well as requesting the OC to reinvestigate that account,. If it is the same debt that has already fallen off, I'd sent it to the big three showing ut as a duplicate request you already had the other removed and blah blah blah. I had success having NCO removed.

Hope this helps...PS>>>It's hard to get long posts answered. Try just asking your questions without the background info.

I'm pretty sure this is the Same debt as the first lawyers. Both NCO's have been deleted from the CRA's. At least I'm sure of Experian and TransUnion. One NCO debt was for something like 150.00 and the other is a Citibank debt. I just read the thread about how Citi (and Discover) uses DV's as convenient tickler files to sue people and I think that this is what has happened to me. Although, my SOL has passed (I think) or I am so poor they are just threatening me at this point.

I will take your suggestion, although, I hope that doesn't allow them to somehow reopen it on the CRA's. I do still have the deletion letters since it just happened.

Thanks for the short post advice. That was my first post here. I had seen others where people wanted the specifics before they could give a good opinion or advice.