Duplicate Accounts

carol162

Sorry This is kinda long.

I have 2 accounts reporting on equifax that are duplicate. They are medical through west asset management. The only thing different on these accounts is the assigned date. Account numbers and date of first delinquency is all the same. I have DV with cra came back verified. DV with Ca returned to sender.

So what is next step now?

West Asset must due that as a way to bait out the consumer. I had a similiar problem. They were reporting the same debt twice/unencoded(violation) except the dollar amounts were 1 dollar off, but they did have the dates similiar but they were wrong also. I just sent an ITS after checking that the amounts were to be charged off at the hospitial as required by my insurance contractor. TL was deleted and never heard from them again.

Look up west assets RA for your state that would be where you would send correspondence if you want to take any action. Dispute w/the CRA and RA 1-2 punch. Only one debt can be right. Do you have your EOB? Have you read the sticky on Medical Collections here. Please do....

Cheers

I have had an account from Portfolio Recovery listed in TRIPLICATE! It's been a biotch getting it off, but I am down to ONE! LOL. I even now have the letter and AUD from Portfolio that has asked CSC to remove the TL, but for some reason CSC can't get their heads out of their arse to get it off. I'm still dealing with it.

Just keep figthing it...so far I have dealt with the BBB, the VA OCA and the MO AG.