Is it possible to remove a 30 day late?

so_serious

Hi everyone. I am new to this community. I pulled my credit reports. I have a 1 time 30 day late with New York and Company which was reported in July 2007. This is the only time I have been late on any of my credit cards and installment accounts over the past 2 years. I am trying to repair, so that I may refinance and get out of the predatory loan that I am currently in. Could someone please tell me if it's possible and how? I tried calling the company, but they said they couldn't do it.

Yes it is possible. I had a 30 day late listed from Chase/BP, I called and asked if they could remove it as I did not feel it was my fault. I got a very nice lady that told me to fax a letter to the company and gave me the number. Wrote a sob story letter and Chase agreed to report as open, paid as agreed and never late. They then sent me a letter confirming that they reported to the CRA's. Good luck but it seems a good sob story works!

A good sob letter never hurts. The worst that will happen is they will say no, but if its the only late payment usually a company will be willing to make an adjustment. I wouldnt blame it on the company tho... unless its a mistake like not having an updated address..

I would try saying you were out of town or something.. I've used that before and it worked ;)

I would write a letter to the company and tell them it must have been a mistake on there part b/c you have never had a late payment. Also try to dispute with CRA as "Never Late"

This is something that I definitely don't agree with. Why? The company can pull up your payment history...If they show one that's missing? They'll contact you and require documentation of proof of your payment. Most banks aren't that ignorant and when you can't provide them with proof of your missing payment, your account has been verified and they'll have documentation that they asked you for that proof. So basically, IMHO, I wouldn't go with attempting to blame the company. I think it's a really bad move.

Definitely contact the bank and get a representative on the phone. If you've had one late, a good conversation or a well written letter won't hurt you! :)

• 3 weeks later...

yes it does work on closed..i just had one of my moms boyfriends closed acct reported late payments moved to the good account standing with the lates removed..i also did the same with my old mortgage and af ew others..so far everything ive dipsutes on 4 different peoples ( the whole family is cleaning up their reports with my help) that was "closed, late" have been removed completely OR moved to the positive side.

I just diputed all of them "never late"..i thin because they are already closed they dont bother to check.. good luck