Proof of Identity

decolmtd

I wrote to the CRA's to try to get old names and addresses off. Experian responded that I did not send enough proof of identity for them to respond to mmy request. I am writing them back and am enclosing a copy of DL and Bank Statement. My question is: Is this going to be necessary for every request I am going to make?

Why are you sending a bank statement? Way to personal, IMHO!

If you respond, remember that you are giving them an extra 15 days to investigate.

A copy of DL and SSCard is all the I ever sent. I sent a copy with each dispute just to avoid them asking for anything else.

And good luck getting EX to delete any old personal info!!

DO NOT SEND THEM A BANK STATEMENT! You can send them a utility bill. Did you know that CRAs are allowed to contact your debtors on your CR to let them know if you are able to pay on a debt? Giving them a copy of your bank statement is perfect for them to gauge how your finances are. You'll have every leech coming out of the woodwork for payment if you do such a thing. Sending them a utility bill suffices for identity verification.

Experian will give you a headache when it comes to removing personal information because they consider all personal information "historical". Despite sending them a copy of my SS card and DL, they refused to remove inaccurate information for me.

It's like a boxing match and pretty soon I'm going to bite off their ear. :twisted:

Experian will give you a headache when it comes to removing personal information because they consider all personal information "historical". Despite sending them a copy of my SS card and DL, they refused to remove inaccurate information for me.

It's like a boxing match and pretty soon I'm going to bite off their ear. :twisted:

I have issues with EX as well. They no longer let me dispute items over the phone/internet as they claim they "verified" all items several years ago. They don't even bother to check to see if things have changed.

I have issues with EX as well. They no longer let me dispute items over the phone/internet as they claim they "verified" all items several years ago. They don't even bother to check to see if things have changed.

Have you DV'd at the same time that you've disputed with the CRA's?