Response to Debt Verification shows owner as another company?

wvumurray

So I DV'd Commonwealth financial systems and finally they sent me a copy of a document saying the account in question was sold to UNIFUND.Previously before Commonwealth showed up on my report I had Unifund listed for this acct so I dved Unifund and they deleted the entry off my report. Then commonwealth showed up on my report. Can I use this as my proof to the CRA's that commonwealth has no right to report on this account since this document shows someone else (Unifund)as the owner?

Thanks. I would like to get this bogus entry off my report.

Actually, it could...it might not either. It all depends. I doubt that the CRAs will remove, but you could look at telling commonwealth that Unifund could not verify and so that you believe they bought a bad debt (no pun intended) and since Unifund could not verify, you "know" that they (commonwealth) cannot either and you are demanding deletion and not to sell account again. (Which they will do. Welcome to the world of the junk debt buyers.)