Need you guys opinion with this...

I have 2 secured Orchard card iuth $200 each so far. I am looking to optimize my FICO and approval prower log term buy not hindering myself to just those these 2 orchard cards products...How should I proceed.

1) Keep each account ( they are still new 2 months) and just keep increasing the limit on each for a certain period of time ( 1 1/2 to 2 years)

2) Combine both cards ( I was told by a rep that I can do this since its the same company, brand, and type) and keep 1 card in hopes of getting another HSBC product in the near future...

I just don't want that declined message about too many HSBC accounts if I want to get lets say a best buy or HSBC card like others...

thoughts please :)

Per the corporate office of HSBC, they consider HSBC cards different from Orchard cards. Not kidding...They allow you to have a certain number of cards through Orchard Bank and a certain number of cards through HSBC.

I'm not sure if that information would influence your decision either way. :)

what other negs do u have? you are moving into the territory where you maybe eligible for other cards..

every three months call up Macys and ask for a CLI, you may want to look at a secured card with a prime bank..look at WF or BoFA. If you dont have a PR, WF will allow u to add more $ to your secured acct to raise limit.

otherwise sit back and watch these puppies age...in 6-12 monts you FICO will get a major boost...

combine the Orchards..u will soon be able to apply for better cards...

what other negs do u have? you are moving inte the territory where you maybe eligible for other cards..

every three months call up Macys and ask for a CLI, you may want to look at a secured card with a prime bank..look at WF or BoFA. If you dont have a PR, WF will allow u to add more $ to your secured acct to raise limit.

others sit back and watch these puppies age...in 6-12 monts you FICO will get a major boost...

combine the Orchards..u will soon be able to apply for better cards...

I only have 2 negative tradelines those pertain to 1 student loan that is currently in rehab otherwise - No other negatives on all 3 reports. EQ is not even reporting the default.

I just got Macy's so still riding those 3 months out...

Target has not started reporting - haven't received my first statement yet.

I just don't want to be in a pedicament where I cannot get a decent limit due to the 2 low limit Orchard cards.

even better...forget the secured cards you should be able to get some prime cards in 6-9 months

when your rehab is done and TL is updated..start applying for some cards, HSBC has better cards and you should be eligible for them.

in a few months start going for some prime banks.

Citibank

Chase

Bofa

Amex

how many INQ?....I would try for some now.

I tried for Hooters, Seamiles ( before orchard starting reporting) and was denied. I am in the midst of a REFI so a few INQ from there.

total: TU 5 (4 past 2 months), EX 6 (5 past 2 months), EQ 4 ( 4 past 2 months).

So I'm not looking to apply for anything right now due to all the recent inquires...HSBC pulled twice for each Orchard ( stupid mistake - submitted app twice)

I'm not sure, it was a pre-approval offer (that denied me for too many cards). It said HSBC in the URL that I went to for the pre-approval, but I think it may have been an Orchard Gold.

Ugh. That's really, really strange that they said you have too many cards and completely contradicts what their corporate offices told me. Maybe she was blowing hot air up my behind to keep me from filing further complaints. Who knows. :(