I DV and now they report frustrated!!

I'm not positive on this but I would concider this as "continued collection" which is illegal while waiting for the DV response. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

ding ding ding, what does he win johnny! yeah, they are in violation, however, there's no telling when they actually reported. There quite possibly could be a delay in the reporting process.

delay? Shows date opened 2006 -- never has it been on the hundreds of reports I have pulled, until this update showing reported 10/07.

I am just so frickin pissed right now... they couldn't have delayed in reporting or else they wouldn't have known to list it as disputed on the CR.

delay? Shows date opened 2006 -- never has it been on the hundreds of reports I have pulled, until this update showing reported 10/07.

I am just so frickin pissed right now... they couldn't have delayed in reporting or else they wouldn't have known to list it as disputed on the CR.

opened in 2006, was this the very first dunning they sent you? if so, they are still on the cusp.

Their letter starts by saying -- we are making another attempt to contact you.. etc.

I have never received a letter from them before, EVER. So I respond with a CMRRR advising I have never had a cingular account, please send validation etc, do this in writing as I may need to file a police/fraud report as I don't believe this to be mine. They signed for it 10/01.

I am TX, so I can DV anytime however I did it within 4 days of receiving their letter.

Their letter starts by saying -- we are making another attempt to contact you.. etc.

I have never received a letter from them before, EVER. So I respond with a CMRRR advising I have never had a cingular account, please send validation etc, do this in writing as I may need to file a police/fraud report as I don't believe this to be mine. They signed for it 10/01.

I am TX, so I can DV anytime however I did it within 4 days of receiving their letter.

oh yeah, the Texas loophole to DV.. however, I'm not sure what the TX code says about it since the FDCPA doesn't consider state law. If they don't produce something quickly, you can go full steam ahead and I'm sure they will disappear.

:goodluck:

Have you received anything on the DV yet? It looks like a violation to me, if 10/07 is the update and there was never anything on the report before. Are you within SOL?

Never had a cingular account --- I will dispute it online this weekend and see if it verifies or not. :( My letter to them alleged fraud since I have never had cingular. I for a fact have had Sprint for the past 2 years because my contract expires this coming week with them.