getting a contract on your credit report

You can also request to have it included on your credit report. Here's a draft of the letter I just sent. Also make sure you include receipts and copy of the contract along with contact information for your brother-in-law.

Re: Request For Addition of Credit Information

To Whom It May Concern:

Please include in my credit report the additional information attached.

Acct # (as it appeared on my other 2 credit reports, date opened, status: paid,closed)

Acct # (as it appeared on my other 2 credit reports, date opened, status: paid,closed)

Contact Info:

Wisconsin Beer

123 beer keg

Milwaukee, WI 53XXX

PH# 1-800-get-drnk

According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1996, I am permitted to add relevant credit history to my credit report. This will more fairly reflect my consumer and payment history. Therefore, I request you contact the original creditor if necessary to include the payment history for the three accounts referenced to my credit files.

Thanks you for your attention.

Please inform me within 30 days that the additional credit information has been included by sending my updated credit report.

According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1996, “A consumer’s credit report should reflect completeness and accuracy within a reasonable time after notification by the consumer.”

Sincerest Regards,

isislc

Well, you get the gist of what it should look like. They usually contact the holder of the contract to verify and add it on. Some times they charge, some times they don't. GL.

Yes, but there won't be any monthly updates on it, obviously.

Most companies who report pay a monthly/quarterly premium to be able to do so, based on the number of accounts they're reporting.

I can't imagine they'd charge much for a one-time account insertion, if at all.