What constitutes a timely DV?

I recieved a settlement offer from Arrow Financial on 9/11/07 and another letter on 9/26/07 threatening me, so I DV and disputed the account at the same time. They responded that my DV was not recieved in the first 30 days from thier first letter, but I haven't seen any letters prior to the settlement offer. Do I have a timely DV and do they have to Validate before any further collection attempts? I thought if they replied to my DV timely or not they had to validate? Any help would be great.

DVs are timely if they are sent within 30 days of initial communication. Unfortunately, CAs often claim that a DV is not timely by alleging they have sent you earlier notices. Although this is usually a lie, it is very hard to prove otherwise.

Use the NCDOI to your advantage. File a complaint alleging that they refused to acknowledge your DV request and explain in your complaint that they never sent you any prior letters, although they claim otherwise.

Of course, they will lie to the state as well, but it may at least encourage them to leave you alone.