Settlement Letter: Addresses

jenawade

In order for hubby and I to buy a house, we have to pay my 2 Capitol Ones plus my 2 Providian's--1 that sold to Portfolio Recovery and 1 to LVNV Funding, all of which don't SOL until late 2008, early 2009.

Capitol One already sued me for the over $1,000 account and won a judgement by default, but that was a few years back now and didn't do them any good, they still didn't get a dime out of me, and now that the other has gone over $1,000 someone has already come around within the last month trying to serve me. Now that's the Capitol One that we all know and love. Those are only $500 cards, so you know they've more than doubled with all of Capitol Ones fees.

I was willing to just sit and wait for everything to SOL and fall off, but hubby suddenly has a bug about getting out of dodge and wants space and fresh air and all that. So, I typed up some settlement offers, but the only addresses I have are from my freshly pulled credit reports. I tried looking around for things like 'Capitol One collection department mailing address' with no luck.

Where do I send these puppies? The Credit Info Center debt settlement section with sample settlement letter says all throughout, do not call, ever, do everything via certified, return receipt mail. But where do I mail them TO?

~Jen

I have found that they forward items like that to the appropriate people. You can send it to the address on your credit and if that is incorrect, they will forward it. Sometimes they are nice enough to send you a letter stating that they did that and who they sent it to.