Rick9972

Interesting Information

I was looking at the DW's Experian CR tonight and really for the first time reviewed the personal information included in the back of the report.

I found 2 Social Security #'s listed as variations that are not hers nor anywhere close to hers. I also found about 3 previous addresses that where never hers. I also found 2 addresses that were a combination of those 3 plus one of our good addresses.

Guess the question is what is going on and how do I fix it?

Sounds like a combined file or ID theft. I would check all of the creditors listed to make sure those are really hers. Also, look and see what jobs are reporting on the report and what dates are posted with each address, job, etc.

The dates will tell you when that address was used to inquire about employment or new credit.

GF having similar issue with EX. Disputed the unknown addresses, wrong SSN's, and name mispellings, one was not removed. Her first name with my last name. It was for a mortgage loan through her bank. She has never applied for a mortgage loan. The address used was a previous address of ours. She is going to the bank today to see if there is a paper trail there.

EX had over 22 different variations of my name listed on my credit report, the wrong date of birth, wrong SSN's, addresses that I'd never lived at and employers whom I know nothing about...I disputed on the basis of the FA on my report and nada - received their "historical information" bull-poop back in the mail. Second letter is going out...So we shall see, we shall see...

Had friend do some research on the SS # on my DW's report and this is what was found out.

My DW's Name

Jane Smith (Maiden name: Doe)

Mystery Person's Name

Jane Jones (Maiden name: Doe)

My DW's Historical Address

P.O. Box 123

Somewhere, KY 00001

Mystery Person's Address

P.O. Box 123

Somewhere, KY 00002

DW's Second Historical Address

789 N. Main ST.

APT. 10B

Somewhere, KY 00001

Mystery Person's Alternate Address

179 Main ST.

Apt 108

Somewhere, KY 00001

To make things even more interesting their SS #'s share 5 numbers.

Do we all see a problem here? I hear the Experian is almost impossible to get to remove this kind of information. Tempted to give it to my attorney and let him do it. :mrgreen: If Experian keeps too form, I might get some money out of this.

Any other suggestions or advice?

For the wrong SSN's and addresses, as well as the name misspellings, all it took was a phone call to EX on both mine and GF's reports, and they were all removed within a couple of days.

Wow, this is my 500th post.