Paragon Way DV Response - Next steps?

CreditFixerUpper

This is a Citifinancial Acct that Paragon way has.

I disputed with CRA on 9/29 and it was "verified and updated on 10/2007" - 1st week.

I sent DV -CMRRR on 10/5/07 and received green card back on 10/12 - Dated 10/10

On 10/13 I received a "validation letter" dated 10/10 - same day they received the CMRRR

"validation letter" reads

Dear Creditfixerupper,

We have received your request for validation of the account listed below. Please review the information below:

Original Creditor: CitiFinancial Corp

Original Acct #: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Origination Date: 9/28/2001

Last Payment date:

Charge off Date: 05/20/2003

Placed on our Floor: 01/31/2005

Current Balance: $3141

Current Creditor: Paragon Way, Inc.

Description: LOAN

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. Any additional info you wish to provide may be sent to the address above blah blah blah.

MY QUESTIONS:

This is obviously NOT a debt validation according to the FDCPA. There is no date of last payment. The is no validation with the original creditor. They have listed themselves as the current "creditor".

What do I do next?

The CRA validation and this "debt validation" letter came within the first 30day period.

Do I now send a second letter saying that they are in violation of the act and request removal, seeing that I am still inside of the 30day period? or do I wait until 30days have passed? Obviously they want me to believe they have complied with the act.

They are outside of the SOL. 3yrs here. Especially if you go from date of last payment which they have not verified.

Thanks for any help.

This is obviously NOT a debt validation according to the FDCPA. There is no date of last payment. The is no validation with the original creditor. They have listed themselves as the current "creditor".

If they own the account, they are the current creditor. That being the case, you have your validation.

Nascar,

are you saying that my only choice is to deal with them? So even after 7 years it won't drop off...it will just get renewed and stay until I make a deal with them?

I guess since it is out of SOL i can't get sued, but am being forced to make a decision about it within the next couple of months..I either have to get it off, be in some kind of dispute, or make a deal. If I have no dispute options left, looks like I will have to deal

That sure would suck

Any other ideas would be great

thanks

So even after 7 years it won't drop off...it will just get renewed and stay until I make a deal with them?

No, that isn't the case at all. The 7 year period cannot be restarted. By doing so, they are illegally reaging the account to keep it on your credit report.

If they have reaged the account and are attempting to collect even though it is past SOL, consider filing a complaint with NCDOI. They are very proactive and will respond to your complaint quickly.

Your debt collector has violated several North Carolina Statutes; don't let them push you around.

Thats what I thought, but by NOT indicating the date of last activity...as a consumer I don't know what dates they are trying to use. I assume the DOLA is a date that would come from the OC. Which is what I thought I would see with a DV...apparently not.

The SOL is 3 which has passed, and 7 is right around the corner. I'm not sure if they have reaged in order to keep in on my credit account. But as indicated, it was updated this month when I DV'd.

I have no records on this, and only going on memory...But I know for a fact there has been no activity for at least 4-5yrs minimum.

dunno what else to say at the moment

thanks