Settled with JDb & now trying to remove charge off..Please Help!

angielynne

I am just now learning about a lot of this credit stuff and unfortunatly I found out a bit too late and am now paying for it.

I had a credit card with HSBC that was charged off and sold to another CA (Palasades) and ended up with Wolpoff & Abramson who sued me. The total was 1800.00 and we settled at 1600.00 which I paid because I was afraid of being sued (I had already received the summons from my local court.).

Anyways, I then pulled me credit report to start working on repairing some of this damage and saw that the Palisades account was still listed so I filed a dispute with EQ over that stating that I paid this account and it was agreed to have been removed.

My question is that I also found the OC (HSBC) on there with a charge off and showing that this account had been sold/transferred. It also stated that the charged off amount was $958.00 (Not $1800!). How do I get this OC charge off, off of my credit report since I paid and settled with the JDB?

Do what swirl said. However, its not uncommon for a JDB to tack on ALL sorts of fees, as you found when they sued you. I am sure should something like this come up again you'll ask a TON of questions and attack the JDB's information before settling :)

However, techniclly, the OC can still report. They are not bound by the JDB's agreement to delete. Only the JDB is.