Being sued by midland

Good morning all,

I just received a summons from midland (through a lawyer here in arizona) I'm not sure what to do. This was a helzberg jewelery card that was paid off 5 years ago. Problem #1 my husband shredded all doc's 5 years and older. I'm still hoping that I can find proof.

I have several questions on how to deal with this.

#1 what is the SOL in Arizona for cases like this. They are saying that last payment was received in 2002

#2 what is the legalities regarding a dc buying the account?

#3 how do I respond?

Thanks for all your help.

Michelle

Good morning all,

I just received a summons from midland (through a lawyer here in arizona) I'm not sure what to do. This was a helzberg jewelery card that was paid off 5 years ago. Problem #1 my husband shredded all doc's 5 years and older. I'm still hoping that I can find proof.

I have several questions on how to deal with this.

#1 what is the SOL in Arizona for cases like this. They are saying that last payment was received in 2002

#2 what is the legalities regarding a dc buying the account?

#3 how do I respond?

Thanks for all your help.

Michelle

SOL is up in 3 years for open accounts like this. They are SOL (and I don't mean statute of limitation).

For a response, we need to know what the plaintiff has claimed on their suit.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252142&highlight=defenses