Jason

Certified Recovery Systems, Pay for delete denied

I disputed with Credit Bureaus and came back verified.

So I sent a DVL and they provided more than sufficient evidence.

I sent a pay for delete. They said no way. We will only mark the account paid off and reflect a zero balance.

Original Creditor; United Cash.

What should I do? Write another Pay for Delete?:confused:

P.S. Certified Recovery Systems can collect in my state.

Jason, I am dealing with these fools as we speak. Your in a tough situation if they are licensed, validated the debt, and can prove they validated it with you. I mean, can they prove that? They send it CMRR? Think about that.

From what I understand, these vermon like to call your bluff. Have they committed any violations?

Contact the FTC, BBB and Attorney General in your state for help. You might learn as much as you can about pay day loan collections and violations CRS has committed.

Good luck.

________

Subaru impreza wrx wrp10 specifications

Edited by ABaldbrotha

Yeah they can sure prove it. They have all the paperwork I personally filled out and signed. They can collect in my state too. They refused to delete for paid in full too. So I think I will try again and maybe I will get someone else this time.

I do not know what else there is to do.

Good luck to you. Thank you for helping. I have been waiting for some replies on this one.

Ok, here is how I look at it. These fools want money and are trying to get it by reporting a bad debt on you. Secondly, they refuse to settle? They are a collection agency for United Cash loans.

Take a look at what's on your credit report. Are the numbers correct? I know for a fact that the online documentation they sent you had some wierd figures on it with all kinds of percentages which is how they make thier money. They loan you for example, $90 at 371% rate or something. Is the amount on the credit report matching what is in the documentation? Make sure it adds up, if not, they have violated. Also, did you dispute this with the CRA? Did they "verify" with them first before you? How old is this debt? Did the SOL run on it yet? Check all that. Look for violations or things to work in your favor.

Again, I would contact the BBB and AG to act as intervenors for you to help on this. Start with the BBB in your state, then the AG and then the FTC.

________

EXTREME Q VAPORIZER REVIEW

Edited by ABaldbrotha

It looks like the United Cash annual percentage rate is 547.5% finance charge $30.00 Amount Financed $100.00. Total of payment

$130.00 and Certified Recovery Systems wants $220.00.

That doesn't sound right to me. I never read the annual percentage rate. But they still want $220.00. HMMMMMM. I am going to do some thinking here and get back with you. I see what you mean now. Thanks! You are right.

Dear ABaldbrotha,

Incase you need these names I put this in for you.

Company Information: CERTIFIED RECOVERY SYSTEMS INC

6161 SAVOY DR STE 600

HOUSTON, TX 77036-3339

Status: IN GOOD STANDING NOT FOR DISSOLUTION OR WITHDRAWAL through March 31, 2008

Registered Agent: BRADLEY W RAPP

3050 POST OAK BOULEVARD, SUITE 400

HOUSTON, TX 77056

Registered Agent Resignation Date:

State of Incorporation: TX

File Number: 0800754078

Charter/COA Date: January 2, 2007

Charter/COA Type: Charter

Taxpayer Number: 32024418215

1600 W 38TH ST STE 404 %DOUGLAS STROUD

AUSTIN, TX 78731-6407

Registered Agent: DOUGLAS STROUD

1600 W 38TH ST, STE 404

AUSTIN, TX

File Number: 0043495100

Charter/COA Date: May 10, 1978

Taxpayer Number: 30003632418

RR 5 BOX 191

SEGUIN, TX 78155-9717

Registered Agent: W T FUNDERBURG

315 SOUTH LOOP 123

SEGUIN, TX 78155

File Number: 0049986400

Charter/COA Date: November 30, 1979

Taxpayer Number: 30004719388

E mail this fool:

John@certifiedrecovery.com

He is some Director of Complaince there. See if he will work with you. Before you do, be careful with your language and request. Check this site for what to say and how to say it.

Good luck.

Good luck to you also. I just e-mailed him. He clicked the received my e-mail button. So I know he got it.I will tell you what he said when I hear back from him. Thank yoiu for your help. I do appreciate it!:)

:-( Here is what he wrote in reply to my PFD e-mail..........

Thanks for your email. Once your account is paid in full, we will report it to the credit bureau as paid in full. It will not be removed from your credit. It will be reported as paid in full. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 713-335-1300. Thanks and have a great day.

John

There is a letter on this forum. I think Merk typed it up. Basically it says, I will pay you, however, if I pay you and you update my credit report it will actually hurt my fico score because it will show recent activity. So I'll only pay you if you delete. No other way. Let me see if I can find it for ya.

Well, I got they arses.

They are not licensed or registered in my state.

They didn't respond to 2 DV requests.

They are trying to collect on a alleged and "prohibited" pay day loan.

They are "continuing collection" practices.

I am going to be the consumer credit hemroid for they arse.:evil:

________

Wellbutrin Pregnancy

Edited by ABaldbrotha
There is a letter on this forum. I think Merk typed it up. Basically it says, I will pay you, however, if I pay you and you update my credit report it will actually hurt my fico score because it will show recent activity. So I'll only pay you if you delete. No other way. Let me see if I can find it for ya.

Hey Fizzle I hope you are doing well! Thanks for the letter! :)

Well, I got they arses.

They are not licensed or registered in my state.

They didn't respond to 2 DV requests.

They are trying to collect on a alleged and "prohibited" pay day loan.

They are "continuing collection" practices.

I am going to be the consumer credit hemroid for they arse.:evil:

Hi ABaldbrotha! It is good to hear from you. Thanks for communicating with me on this. I am learning from you.

They are not licensed or registered in my state. (They can in my state.)

They didn't respond to 2 DV requests.(They responded right away for me.)

They are trying to collect on a alleged and "prohibited" pay day loan. - What is that? (I hope I can get them like you did for this, but I do not know what it is.)

They are "continuing collection" practices. (I do not think I can get them on this because they validated, but if the are not supposed to collect on a alleged and "prohibited" pay day loan maybe I can.) :p

Ok, pay day loans are "prohibited" in my state because of the banking violation relating to the rate they loan money, among other things. There is are issues with both the interest rate and the bank check process which they submit to banks to get thier money. You can read more about this on this site or the Federal Trade Commission's site. They explain it better then I do. I contacted my state department of banking and finance and they indicated to me in writing that anyone trying to collect a pay day loan, including collection agencies, would be violating the law. They further indicated I contact the Attorney General. In addition, Certified Recovery has no usury license to collect loans in my state. As a matter of fact, they are not licensed or registered to collect period.

So, I hope this helps.

________

Pregnant Xxx

Edited by ABaldbrotha
  • Like 1

Went through this on a medical collection. I told them it would be a PFD, and that it was not negotiable, period. If they wanted it paid, it would be deleted, end of discussion. When the "office manager" tried to feed me a line of B.S. of how they had to report, I started to quote FCRA and he backpedaled rather quickly. He then tried to get me to agree to his verbal assurance that it would be deleted, and that they would accept a check by phone or credit card. I let him know I was overseas at the moment, and I would be in his office in a couple of weeks; have the agreement in writing when I get there or he wouldn't see a dime. The letter has already been sent to my home address.

Went through this on a medical collection. I told them it would be a PFD, and that it was not negotiable, period. If they wanted it paid, it would be deleted, end of discussion. When the "office manager" tried to feed me a line of B.S. of how they had to report, I started to quote FCRA and he backpedaled rather quickly. He then tried to get me to agree to his verbal assurance that it would be deleted, and that they would accept a check by phone or credit card. I let him know I was overseas at the moment, and I would be in his office in a couple of weeks; have the agreement in writing when I get there or he wouldn't see a dime. The letter has already been sent to my home address.

:)++Good for you Stefdr! Congrats! Maybe I should be more demanding! Hahahaa

Ok, pay day loans are "prohibited" in my state because of the banking violation relating to the rate they loan money, among other things. There is are issues with both the interest rate and the bank check process which they submit to banks to get thier money. You can read more about this on this site or the Federal Trade Commission's site. They explain it better then I do. I contacted my state department of banking and finance and they indicated to me in writing that anyone trying to collect a pay day loan, including collection agencies, would be violating the law. They further indicated I contact the Attorney General. In addition, Certified Recovery has no usury license to collect loans in my state. As a matter of fact, they are not licensed or registered to collect period.

So, I hope this helps.

Never :)++even saw pay day stuff on this site. I will read up right now. Thank you for all your fantastic insight!

Hey I was going to ask you... Did you ever e-mail the Director of Compliance?

:)++Good for you Stefdr! Congrats! Maybe I should be more demanding! Hahahaa

Its unpredictable how some of these people are going to react, so read, read, read, and take notes so when you talk to these idiots they be able to trip you up and make you doubt the information you have. These people read these boards as well. I had one CA flunky trying to collect on an old collection trying to make me doubt the FCRA and the FDCPA. They are all vultures. When dealing with them, stand your ground and give them nothing to work with.

Its unpredictable how some of these people are going to react, so read, read, read, and take notes so when you talk to these idiots they be able to trip you up and make you doubt the information you have. These people read these boards as well. I had one CA flunky trying to collect on an old collection trying to make me doubt the FCRA and the FDCPA. They are all vultures. When dealing with them, stand your ground and give them nothing to work with.

Ok I will refresh on the FCRA, and FDCPA. Thank you as always!:)

I can't find it Fizzle. Let me know if you do.

I sent this below, several weeks ago and it did not work.

Negotiating Settlements with Creditors

Date

Creditor

Address

RE: Account # __________________

Dear Creditor:

I am writing in an attempt to settle the account you are listing under my name and social security number.

I agree ___________________ Company should have been paid for service rendered but I do not agree with this being on my credit report as a bad debt. I would like to put this account to rest as I hope you would. I did not use your services but am negligent in not making certain the person buying the residence had changed the billing from my name to his. I never received a statement or overdue notice. I no longer was living in the home so I had no reason to suspect a payment problem.

My concern is if I made payment to you in an attempt to stop negative reporting to the credit bureau, the balance in my credit file would show Zero PAID COLLECTION, and then those negative ratings would continue for another seven years.

This would be wrong as it is not a true indicator of my willingness or ability to pay debts.

I believe I am caught in the computers and a credit reporting system that does not tell what truly has happened.

I am requesting your help in deletion of this account from my credit reports when payment in full is received as this does not accurately portray what has happened. I have been informed by reputable source that this can be done and is within the purview of the law.

I look forward to your prompt attention to this matter and an expedient favorable resolution.

Sincerely,

Name

Address

this one worked 4 me..

Dear Collection Manager:

It has come to my attention through the credit bureaus that you claim I owe a debt to your agency. I can save us both some effort & time by "Settling the debt out".

Below is my offer. It is not a renewed promise to pay nor does it constitute any agreement unless you sign and return it. Note, I have not agreed yet that this debt is mine and have the option to seek further proof from your agency of this debt.

Suffice to say, you hold all the rights to report the debt to the credit bureaus as you see fit and you can change that listing at any time as the source reporting the debt.

I am sure you are aware of my right to dispute this debt and request full proof of the obligation. Paying this unverified debt to you means little to me if we cannot mutually agree that you will report the debt as mentioned below.

While I realize that your purpose is to collect debts as a collection agent, I am also aware of what a paid collection would represent for me, which is not favorable. That being said, I have concurred through the bureaus that you have the absolute right to report this debt as you see fit or not report it at all.

My goal is to arrange a term acceptable to both us since this debt is questionable.

I will pay your company the amount of $XXX as payment in full for the full satisfaction of this account. Upon receipt of the above payment, your company has agreed to remove the entire entry on my credit reports..

If you concur with these terms please acknowledge with your signature and title and return it to me. You agree the terms herein are confidential and you have the authority to make such decisions. No payment will be made without written confirmation.

Upon receipt of this signed acknowledgment, I will mail you funds priority mail with-in 10 business days. This is not a renewed promise to pay but rather a restricted offer only. If no terms can be met, no new arrangements will be made and the offer will be void.

Merkurfan:

Signature of company officer:

Date:

Sincerely,