Should You Dispute a Judgement?

Ok, I was reading somewhere that there was three ways to have a judgement removed. 1. Dispute with CRA 2. Request a hearing 3. POFD.

Disputing would be the best way? The courts are so backed up with cases would they really respond to the CRAs withing 30 days?

Ok, I was reading somewhere that there was three ways to have a judgement removed. 1. Dispute with CRA 2. Request a hearing 3. POFD.

Disputing would be the best way? The courts are so backed up with cases would they really respond to the CRAs withing 30 days?

The court is not a party to the FCRA dispute process. The CRA subcontracts with a private company who does records research and reports their findings back to the CRA.

Often, the private research company returns incorrect information back to the CRA and incorrect public records get updated.

I have a similar question. My husband had a judgement in Jan 2002 for two accts with a credit union. The judgement was paid in full (satisfied) in Jan 2006. It is not listed anywhere except on TU. They have it listed as a satisfied judgement, but also have both accts listed as charge offs. Exp and EQ both have no record of the judgment and both have "Paid as agreed" on the two accts. What gives?

I have a similar question. My husband had a judgement in Jan 2002 for two accts with a credit union. The judgement was paid in full (satisfied) in Jan 2006. It is not listed anywhere except on TU. They have it listed as a satisfied judgement, but also have both accts listed as charge offs. Exp and EQ both have no record of the judgment and both have "Paid as agreed" on the two accts. What gives?

It is Experian's policy to not list paid judgments. You can try to dispute it with TU as "vacated".

Yeah, I thought it was odd. I disputed the 2 I had as "paid/satisfied" and they sent me a letter saying that their policy was to not report paid judgments and that they were deleted. They were indeed deleted. I'll see if I still have the letter that came with the updated report.

My husband has a civil judgement listed under the Public Records section of his TU report and we had been wondering why this was showing up when he paid it in full back in 2003. All it shows is amount but doesn't give a status as to "unpaid", "Paid", etc. Does the fact that it's on his credit report at all hurt him?