How are Judgements Reported?

Sobe420

My fiance apparently has judgement for a car loan. They will not use her income for a mortgage because of this.

We are working on getting it removed. I pulled her EXP report it shows it as a good standing account. Then it shows it as a chargeoff, but no where do I see a judgement on EXP. I cannot pull her EQ or TU report for some reason. So my question is do judgements report to all three CRA or just 1 of the 3?

Also, if it is showing up can we dispute it and hope the court does not respond within 30 days?

Most judgments are tied to addresses listed on the CR. If the CR is showing the address that's on the judgment, the judgment will probably be listed.

The CRAs do not actually contact the courts to verify judgments. They use information services like Lexis Nexis to gather and provide the information.

You can try finding out which address is listed on the judgment and then having the address removed from all 3 CRAs. Once it's removed, you can them dispute the judgment with the CRAs as not yours.

But just know that even if it gets removed from your CR, the plaintiff can still legally collect the judgment for 10 years in most states. So, this may come back later.