Midland Credit Management - Arbitration - Not even licensed in my state!!!

zaiman14

Okay, just want to be clear on this one and send it back out with proper title.

MCM contacted me at my brothers address and sent a threat of arbitration to me for a supposed old Verizon bill. Long story short I figured out that they do not have a valid license as a collection agency in Florida by calling the Attorney General's office today. Also, I wrote a letter to verify debt and asked them in writing to stop contacting me, but they still are. So, can I do anything about that and also, can they still bring me to arbitration with no license to operate in florida? I mean it's all bogus, BUT I've read some horror stories since this fiasco started and I don't even want it to get there. If anyone knows, please let me know. I planned to just leave it alone for a bit unless they can file aribtration...if not then I will wait out the 30 days I gave them to verify and write a complaint about them.

Thanks for any help.