questions about sol

jcg

I have been looking at this site for awhile. There's a lot of good info here. I am going to start my credit repair journey. I have 6 to 8 collections on my reports several are under a hundred dollars. Should I try a pay for deletion with these or not? Most of these bills are within the sol, should I still try to clean my credit up and risk being taking to court or should I go ahead and dispute everything. Most of these collections are medical bills if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance. And I am looking forward to learning more from the site.

For medical bills, I'd suggest you call the provider (skip the CA). Give them the old "oh gee, golly, don't know how this slipped through, I thought I paid you guys and after you took such wonderful care of me...can I send you a check now? And, oh, by the way, will you call off the CA?" You may have to work you way by the "office manager" and talk to the doctor directly....