How many Inquiries is too many?

lolah

Not sure why there are SO many more inquiries on my TU than EX and EQ. :confused:

I have 8 on both EX and EQ, but TU shows 29! How many are considered "too many?" When does it start affecting your score? (I know that 29 isn't good) lol

I have read that removing inquiries in nearly impossible. I have only applied for one credit card in the past year, so I am not sure why TU has SO MANY.

Am I stuck just waiting for these to fall off? I thought about writing each company that pulled my report and ask for proof that I authorized it.

Not sure if that would work.

They say each inquiry costs 2-4 FICO points....

I try to keep mine less than 4. that seems to work for me.

You need to search the forum for getting rid of inquiries...

But your score could be down by over 100 points for just those inquires.

Good Luck

Thanks. I did a search - that's how I knew disputing them wouldn't work. I think I might try a FA. Not just for inquiries. There are a few addresses on my reports I never lived at as well as TL that isn't mine.

Maybe that will help the inquiries too...

Get rid of the addresses and things. Then dispute again. I think you will have good luck with it.

Cranky's fico went down a total of 5 points while car shopping. With is two new Cards, and the car shopping, he now has 10 inq. on EQ But his Fico jumped up several points when they reported the new cap 1 card......so that averaged it all out, and he ended up 12 points higher then before the new cards and car shopping.