Midland calling after 9pm

zaiman14

So last night my mother watched my son at my house. She got a call at 9:15pm from a lady asking if she was me. She proceeded to tell them no and asked if she could take a message. The lady asked if I was there and my mother told her no. The lady (Angie) proceeded to tell my mom that she was with Midland Credit Management and was looking for me regarding an outstanding debt and that I should call ASAP and proceeded to give her contact information. Now, I already sent the DV letter and it was recieved October 15 (last saturday). In the letter I requested that all phone communication stop immediately and to only contact me via mail. They have called 3 times, once past 9pm and are devulging information even though they have been told they are not speaking to me. I want to give them just a little more rope to hang themselves...but the question is - them calling just 1 time (so far) after 9pm is a violation or am I reaching??? Also, giving my information to my mother - violation? I am keeping good records, just wondering.

Thanks!!

I want to give them just a little more rope to hang themselves...but the question is - them calling just 1 time (so far) after 9pm is a violation or am I reaching???

Yes, that is a violation. Do you have caller ID? Take a picture and keep counting the violations...xdancex

Yes, that is a violation. Do you have caller ID? Take a picture and keep counting the violations...xdancex

People call me crazy (I'm not saying I'm not crazy hehe) but I only own a cell phone and I include it on my DV letters I send out. So that if/when they call, my phone will tell me the date, time, etc. My cell phone bill will show the number they called from and show how many minutes it lasted to prove in court.

People call me crazy (I'm not saying I'm not crazy hehe) but I only own a cell phone and I include it on my DV letters I send out. So that if/when they call, my phone will tell me the date, time, etc. My cell phone bill will show the number they called from and show how many minutes it lasted to prove in court.

I was going to do this too! Wasn't sure if it's considered "entrapment" 8-)

I was going to do this too! Wasn't sure if it's considered "entrapment" 8-)

No way is it entrapment. If you were to call them and log it, it may be. As long as they're calling you, log it.

If police officers can dress like "street walkers" and solicit "johns" and it's not entrapment, then....

BUT... with Comcast you get this neat feature that allows you to look at call history a lot like a cell phone. I can pull it up. As with my cell phone if they block it the number from shows 'no data' but it's there and I know it was them. They call from lots of different numbers. So I do have the printout and I am just lying in wait (did I use that right::) until they do it again. I have saved the messages they've left - but last night a message went to mom. Tonight I will definately let it go to the machine if they call again. They are in CA so they are like 3 hours behind me - 6:15 for them is 9:15 (i.e. past violation time) for me!!!

I think I have a potential gold mine here on them:

Not licensed

Threatened legal action they can't take (because they are not licensed)

Called after hours

Spoke to someone other than me to reveal a debt ???? (maybe)

Tainted my credit reports

Continued to call during DV period

Has been informed I have retained counsel and still contacts me...

And...I'll think of more!!!

BUT... with Comcast you get this neat feature that allows you to look at call history a lot like a cell phone. I can pull it up. As with my cell phone if they block it the number from shows 'no data' but it's there and I know it was them. They call from lots of different numbers. So I do have the printout and I am just lying in wait (did I use that right::) until they do it again. I have saved the messages they've left - but last night a message went to mom. Tonight I will definately let it go to the machine if they call again. They are in CA so they are like 3 hours behind me - 6:15 for them is 9:15 (i.e. past violation time) for me!!!

I think I have a potential gold mine here on them:

Not licensed

Threatened legal action they can't take (because they are not licensed)

Called after hours

Spoke to someone other than me to reveal a debt ???? (maybe)

Tainted my credit reports

Continued to call during DV period

Has been informed I have retained counsel and still contacts me...

And...I'll think of more!!!

I currently have a CA that has racked up 11 violations!

Check this thread out. It explains the damages you can sue for under the FDCPA and includes a link for a checklist.

:goodluck: