Will this help my score any?

treys_wife04

Sorry for the nondescript title, but my question is too long! There are several medical bills that we included in our BK that are not showing that way on the report. The companies are not reporting them as still being delinquent and they are not trying to collect, but I do want to write them and have them included, since they are on the court documents. Will this cleaning up help my score any?

okay, i looked at one of these accounts that should have been included, the discharge date was 10/14/2005, and it says "last report date 3/2006" Ive read through some of the posts on here about negative reporting after BK and that it is a viloation, but would this be considered one since they dont have it listed as IIB?

Not necessarily, depending on when your BK was discharged it could just be REAL slow reporting. Just dispute with the CRAs and make sure you send them copies of the creditor list and the schedule with them listed on there. If you don't send them, they will send you another letter requesting them and that will give them another 15 days for the dispute. GL

I have the same thing that I just sent letters to the CRA's about.

As a matter of fact, the debt was sold to another collector during bankruptcy and is showing twice on 2 of my reports.

Dispute it with the CRA's first and see what happens. I am hoping since that debt was old enough to begin with (almost at the 7 year mark) that it will drop off my reports.

Every single one of my tradelines that state "Included in Bankruptcy" updates every month. My BK was in late 2004. I guess each creditor and the collection agencies have decided to update monthly for the seven years past the date of last delinquency. So for example, this month each account will state:

Account #,

$0 balance,

date of last activity: 9/2004,

updated: 10/2007.

Comments: Included in Bankruptcy.

They do it every month like clockwork. :cool: