Public Records - Tax Liens

skinny

I called the my state tax revenue yesterday and asked about a lien I had placed on my CR from 2005. A represenative told me to come in with cash or money order to pay it, and they would issue me a release of tax lien.

He said to provide the release to the CRA's and ask for a delete but wasn't sure if they would remove it or not. You can dispute it once its paid but are not guaranteed a delete. I have heard though, once you pay it and provide the CRA's with the release, then dispute, works on getting it removed. Otherwise you have to wait seven years from the date it was paid to fall off.

I was able to get a paid tax lien removed from my credit report by contacting the State. I indicated that I was in the process of looking for a home and the paid released tax lien was hindering me. I was very kind and courteous to them. After checking the account and seeing it was paid for some time, they agreed to do so and sent me and the credit bureaus a letter indicating removal from the credit report. I sent my copy of the letter also (certified mail) to all three credit bureaus as additional proof and it was deleted from all three within 30 days. :IThankYou: This may not work in all cases but it was worth a try for me! :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
I was able to get a paid tax lien removed from my credit report by contacting the State. I indicated that I was in the process of looking for a home and the paid released tax lien was hindering me. I was very kind and courteous to them. After checking the account and seeing it was paid for some time, they agreed to do so and sent me and the credit bureaus a letter indicating removal from the credit report. I sent my copy of the letter also (certified mail) to all three credit bureaus as additional proof and it was deleted from all three within 30 days. :IThankYou: This may not work in all cases but it was worth a try for me! :yahoo:

I paid mine like 1 or 2 days too late before it went to a public record and a judgment but now I don't see it on my credit anymore. However I do have another judgment from a collection agency that I don't think was served properly and the lack of documentation. Should I go to the court or the collection agency first with a letter of some sort.

I don't even know what the judgment is for....