HOw do you prove legal residence at an address if you dont have a license.

I had back surgey when I was 22. I was covered under my parents Blue cross plan at the time. Coincidently during this time, the company my dad worked for switched insurance companies. The hospital never followed up with the other insurance company and I never knew it was unpaid. That is until I went to sell a house 5 years later, I found out I had a 6 month old judgement. He sent it my parents home and my mom received but failed to tell me!!!!!

The lawyer sent the judgement to my parents house 41/2 years later! Yeah, statute of limitation had ran out and the lawyer had no right to send a judgement so old. So, I got a lawyer and he made a motion. Well, despite the fact that we had post office change of address forms along with other data that showed that I WAS NOT living with my parents at the age of 26, the judge asked for me to settle the debt. Well, even if I wanted to settle, the plaintiff lawyer has been impossible to contact and my defense lawyer has flaked, wanting more money and says he doesnt do appeals. WHAT DO I DO???? I have taxes showing its my primary, an affidavit from my neighbors. PO change, but still got asked to settle byu the judge. Takin it to appeals but need to know if there is any SC law that clearly states exactly what hold up as me proving my address. I feel like PO change should be enough but guess it wasnt.

Here in Iowa, when we went to have our driver's license changed (because we had moved from Ohio), the license clerk said we need proof of address. Since the courthouse was like 45 miles from our house, I asked what that would be. She says, "well, have you got a utility bill with your names?".

"Not with me", I said.

"Okay", she replied, "why not walk across the hall and register to vote, and then bring the registration back here, and you're good to go".

Hmmm...so I can register to vote without proof of address, but I can't get a driver's license, but once I'm registered, that proves where I live?

Anyway...question is...are you registered to vote? How about a utility bill?

Yep, gave him my registartion card too!!!!

How could the judge vote against a cut and dry case. I need a page out of the SC law book that says if you have this and this,etc.. you are without a doubt living at that address.. I cant afford to get stuck at an appeal with the same misjudgement

THats just it, Theres an order. HOw can he say improper service before he proves my residence. Once your served no matter if its 10o yrs later, if you dont respond as invalid it after 30 days it goes and becomes a valid judgement. He has to 1st prove that I wa never served and then it will be simple to reverse the judgement on SOL.

if you seek government assistance in the form of food stamps etc in said state...if you enroll a child into public school in said state...if you register to vote in said state....if you get a driver license in said state...

all these and maybe a few more. these are considered proof of residency when trying to prove that you are a resident of a said state.