DV after default judgement? Not on CR

Hi - New to the site, I hope you can help me! I received a default judgement against me on 9/21/07 (came in mail on 9/26, forwarded from previous address). I never received a summons, and didn't know who the OC was. I filed a motion on 10/15/07 to reopen the case as I never received a summons (motion will be heard 11/1/07). I was then told the OC was Citibank. I looked at my credit reports, dating back to 7/06, and this debt isn't listed on any of them. Should I still send a DV? I honestly have no recollection of this debt, and I don't know how else to find out anything about it! I called the plaintiff's attorney, but they said as there is already a judgement they don't have to tell me anything.

Thanks for any ideas you can give me!

Yeah, you can't DV at this point. Just pursue getting the judgment set aside due to improper service.

Have you seen the court papers? If not, see if you can get a copy before the hearing. You will be able to see what "evidence" they to prove that the debt is yours. Look at the documents and see what other holes you can poke in their case. Do they have your SS# listed on anything? Your signature? Correct spelling of names and/or address? Also. how old is the debt? Is it SOL?

I had a default judgment and when I saw the court papers, I was pissed. They had nothing to prove that the debt was mine. No SS#, no signature, nothing. All they had was my name on a random screen print that didn't show any creditor at all.