Response time to GW letters???

on-rt-track

A response varies depending on the company and if they feel like responding to it or not. They really don't HAVE to do anything. They could look @ it and throw it away and you would never know if they got it or not (unless you get your green card back).

I would try sending it to another address and/or changing your letter up some, and trying again. It never hurts! The worst that can happen is what is happening right now... no response.

Good Luck!

When I sent my GW's out it took about a month or so for a response. The one (Great Lakes) just made the corrections to my CR and didn't send me a letter or anything. The second one (Express) sent me a letter saying that they were not reporting any lates on my CR and if I disputed it with the CRAs they would update the info to being never late, which they did.

If I were you, I'd wait a bit and then retry a similar letter to another address or to a higher up person. Good luck!

Ok so I finally got my response to the letter I sent Cap1. Excuse me CRAP1!!!

Their reply said thanks for bringing this important matter to their attention, then they recapped my letter to me and basically said. "When reviewing your account we notice you had 3 deferments and about $200 in late fees over the course of your loan". (my 5yr loan) "In your letter to us you claimed you had never been late on this account since our review showed otherwise we feel our reporting of this account is accurate and we are unable to make any goodwill adjustments" They Suck!!!

I don't think I am done with this, now I am on a mission! Crap 1 had nothing to do with my loan until 1mo prior to the end of my loan. ( Lucky me they purchased it from my old lender!) Then they send me an outrageous bill but can't provide any backup documentation for the bill or my payment history. Oddly they left this detail out of their recap but it sure was in my letter. I was never more than maybe 15 days late on this account. It's reporting as 90days because the yahoos at Crap1 couldn't get their act together. I am really mad!!!

I think my next move is to call the original lender and try to get my payment history from them. Then I am going back to CRAP1 with info in hand.