alliance didn't sign green card & possible response to medical dv

irishfairyspirit

it's a busy week for me in the collections game!! I just realized that the dv I sent to alliance receivables (who represents arrow financial for a wamu cc) was not signed for. I got the green card back w/no sig. so how screwed am I?I didn't really look at it til today & now it's too late to do anything about I think. any advice is welcome.

also i dv'd the bureau of medical economics on 2 hospital bills, $1360 & $202. I've heard nothing from them but today got 2 copies of bills from the oc that show balance due $0 & state this is to verifyinfo re:services provided. Is that enough to validate?? I guess it shows their right to collect it but there's nothing w/my signature. It's from an ER visit

thanks

You should be able to request a new card be signed by going to your local USPS office.

From the USPS web site...

From USPS

Return Receipt fees are refunded only if the USPS fails to provide the recipient’s signature. Visit your local Post Office™ to apply. If you have purchased a retail Return Receipt and have not received the return receipt (or receive an incomplete receipt) you may request a refund or duplicate copy either:

After 21 calendar days from date of mailing.

Anytime after you know the item has been delivered.

The applicable fee is waived if you can produce a receipt showing the applicable return receipt fee was paid.

If you have purchased an electronic Return Receipt and have not received your electronic return receipt via email within 3-5 days of your request, we suggest you visit us at usps.com and check the delivery status of your item.

If you discover that your item has been delivered, we suggest that you check your Spam or junk folder. Although we have designed our email to bypass most Spam filtering systems occasionally email that is not Spam/junk will be sent to the Spam folder if it does not meet your criteria for acceptable email.

As a final alternative, we suggest that you request your Return Receipt Electronic again.

who cares if it was signed? If you got teh green card back it was delivered, no?

Use your Certiifed number and it will tell you when teh letter was delivered.

Now, what are you trying to do here? Trip Alliance up into a violation so you can sue? Remove them from the CR? Or, are you trying to determine what these bills are and if the amount seems correct so you can deal with them?

I was advised by an attorney to dispute everything in an effort to buy my self time. I have to wait til next year to file bankruptcy. He also told me about this site. I don't want to pay a CA. I had great credit until my fiance was killed. I couldn't afford our home in California so I lost that then I moved & couldn't find a job for 8 months. I talked to the OC's at different points but could not set up arrangements b/c I had no income. My son was helping me I had a lawsuit that I thought would enable me to pay off my debt but it settled for very little. I paid my son back some money out of it b/c he was then in debt from helping me. That's why I have to wait for the BK b/c of what I gave him. I was very naive about all of this I thought I'd be able to start out making small payments, I had no understanding of how it really works. I do want them to validate their right to collect it. I know people who have been screwed by ca's trying to do the right thing.