Being Sued in MD by Unifund Pleasee Help

I just receive notice from a place american debt free associations, stating that I'm being sued. Then I receive a piece of paper on the door stating he have important papers. I also got a call from the same guy.

I haven't sent a DV letter, is it too late? I remember calling unifund and was told they purchased the account and they didn't have to settle.

The court case is posted for 14 Dec?

Is it possible to do this without a lawyer?

What if any info you can provide will help.?

Debt turned to collection in 2004.

I just receive notice from a place american debt free associations, stating that I'm being sued. Then I receive a piece of paper on the door stating he have important papers. I also got a call from the same guy.

I haven't sent a DV letter, is it too late? I remember calling unifund and was told they purchased the account and they didn't have to settle.

The court case is posted for 14 Dec?

Is it possible to do this without a lawyer?

What if any info you can provide will help.?

Debt turned to collection in 2004.

Were you served and official summons from the court by a service processor?

Call the court to see if an actual court date does indeed exsist, if not, send DV (CMRRR) if within 30 days of initial contact with you. Also, stay off of the phone with debt collectors!!!! What kind of debt is it? Check to see if it is SOL for legal recourse.