Help! My Wells Fargo Financial TL is having babies.

lissy

Ok, here's the story: (sorry if it is confusing, I am confused myself!)

I had a few personal loans from Wells Fargo Fin back in 2002 and 2003. Most were paid off without lates and the last one was late, finally charged off.

I paid this CO 11/06 because I got some money in a divorce settlement and wanted to "do the right thing" (and hadn't found this site yet hehe).

On 8/13/07 I tried to open a savings account at Wells Fargo where I have my checking acct and ChexSystems reported that I still owe Wells Fargo Financial the bad debt and they refuse to open a savings account. I went to the WFF branch where I opened the account and they said, we have no record of any accounts. They called around and found the account and told me, yes, it was paid off (saving me some time getting proof from my atty). I asked them to send me a letter for proof, but they never did.

I had Credit Plus do a merged report on 8/24/07. I had 4 Wells Fargo Financial TLs listed like this ALL 4 HAVE DIFF ACCT #S AND DIFF DATES:

(Transunion reported all 4 of these the same way on 10/9/07)

#1: WF FIN

101130****

Date Opened 1/03

Date Reported 5/03

Last Activity 4/03

High Credit $4608

Balance 0, no lates

Reported by XP, TU, & EF

#2: WF FIN

108300****

Date Opened 8/02

Date Reported 2/03

Last Activity 1/03

High Credit $1368

Balance 0, no lates

Reported by XP, TU, & EF

#3: WFFINANCE

105230****

Date opened 5/02

Date Reported 1/03

Last Activity 1/03

High Credit $2832

Balance 0, no lates

Reported by XP & TU

#4: WFFINANCIAL (Collections Account)

108190****

Date opened 8/03

Date Reported 6/05

Last Activity 5/04

High Credit $1800

Balance $1582

Reported by XP, TU, & EF

I pulled my ChexSystems report on 9/8/07 and there was no mention of it being unpaid.

Yesterday, I disputed with XP and TU online and today I checked my TrueCredit and it has 6 TLs listed like this:

#1: WF FIN

246-7230****

Closed

Balance 0

120 days late

Reported only with EQ

#2: WFFINANCE

108190****

TU reports a balance of $1582 and charged off

XP balance line is blank (but not 0) transfed to other lender and 30 days late

EQ doesn't report it

#3:WF FIN

246-0845****

Closed

Balance 0

Current

Reported only with EQ

#4:WFFINANCIAL

101130****

Closed

Balance 0

Current Reported by TU and XP

#5:WF FIN

108300**** (XP and TU) 246-7494****(EQ)

Closed

Balance 0

Current

Reported by XP, TU, & EQ

#6:WFFINANCIAL

105230****

Closed

Balance 0

Current

Reported by TU & XP

I tried to search for a situation like this in previous posts with no luck. Can anyone tell me what could be going on and what to do?? I am very new at this. The TL is listed 3 different ways and the acct numbers are all messed up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Can't be sure exactly what's going on, but it looks like WF changed the account number a few times, making it look like a new account each time.

You're on the right track; dispute all the duplicates with the CRA's.

I would also write a second letter to Wells Fargo (they're the ones furnishing this data, therefore ultimately responsible for misinformation), demanding they remove these incorrect derogatory items. List all of the negative accounts they have on your report, along with the dates/amounts, whatever they could use to positively identify the account. It is a violation of law to report wrong information. Be sure to point out the account which is correct and paid off so that they know you did pay it.

I think between the two, one of them will get it straightened out, but you will have to poke, prod, and kick them to do it.

Get a letter from Wells Fargo saying that you do not owe the debt and that they will remove the listing from ChexSystem. Getting it removed from ChexSystem is important as it can mess up your ability to use banks.

Do a search on ChexSystem to see the issues others have had. I had a listing on CS and it was a mess for years.

Chex Systems is clear, as I stated in the original post (it was long, I know, maybe you missed it). They must have removed it from there at some point.

I already asked WFFin for a letter and they promised one but never sent it. I will try it again.