AFNI, these clowns...

They did the same with my DH's account. They verified with the 3 CRAs within 3 or 4 days of receiving his dispute...but we didn't get anything from them until the 30 days was pretty much up, and they stated they needed info from us to investigate. We then sent back a letter saying they could verify with the CRAs on such and such date, but can't validate to us? Either validate properly or delete. They deleted within a week.

Don't be surprised if you receive the same letter from them. Then just send the ultimatum letter. If they truly can't validate you should be good to go. :)

thanks VB after disputing the second time , i got the need more info letter in last nights mail. will follow yoiur advice and let you know how it goes

Here's the ultimatum that I wrote for to send to AFNI:

AFNI, Inc

P.O. Box 3427

Bloomington, IL 61702

September 5, 2007

Re: Account# 2017******

To Whom It May Concern,

This is in regards to your letter dated August 21, 2007. I have no knowledge of this debt and request that you validate this debt as required by the FDCPA.

If, as stated by your letter to me on August 21, 2007, you are unable to investigate and validate this dispute with me, then how were you able to verify this debt with Transunion on 08/01/07, Experian on 07/29/07 and Equifax on 08/01/07?

I request that you either validate this debt to me properly within 15 days of receipt of this letter, or delete this information from Transunion, Experian and Equifax.

Sincerely,

DH of Virginiabound

AFNI is on my list right now, too...I don't even owe any money (my account was paid in full at the end of my contract), I sent the bank statements proving it and they STILL keep reporting and verifying it with the CRAs...Grrr....

Icing on the cake is that they are collecting for Dish Network- the devil himself.:evil:

Jules

just send them a letter on their violations again with a demand to delete.

After 30 days plus, AFNI responded to my DV with a letter, on their letterhead stting who the debt was for etc and sttd this is the verification I requested. So another CMRRR went out to them advising of what i asked for, what is required and again.. I never had an account with this company so not sure how it is mine. We shall see

• 2 weeks later...