I sent certified to OCs and got nothing back....

mtre007

I sent letter to OCs and got nothing back. I then sentthe certified letter to experian saying they never responded but experian sent me a letter saying they cant dispute because its already been disputed crap!!!!

I am like, duh! Thats why I verified with OC and they never responded!!!

I sent letter to OCs and got nothing back. I then sentthe certified letter to experian saying they never responded but experian sent me a letter saying they cant dispute because its already been disputed crap!!!!

I am like, duh! Thats why I verified with OC and they never responded!!!

did you follow the FCRA on how you must request verification directly from the data furnisher?

-Identifies the specific item of information that is in dispute

-Explains the basis of the dispute; and

-Includes all supporting documentation required to substantiate the basis for the dispute.

Yep, followed all the rules and its FDCPA in this instance not FCRA that I followed. I copied a letter and adapted from this website.

You have two problems. OC's are not bound by the FDCPA and form letters rarely work. You need need to follow the rules of the FCRA, which they are bound to, and it must cover what I said in my previous post.

Big John,

Thanks for your reply! The thing is, the OC is the person trying to collect. They have placed it on my report. Are you saying that they have to assign it or seel it to a collector before FDCPA stuff works? I thought, since they havent turned it over to a collection agency, they are the OC and collector and should have to follow FDCPA rules.

I copied and adapte a letter from this site. Are you saying they rarely work? So, I read a little more into it. Guess my next thing is to serve them since they didnt respond in 30 days, right?

No, BigJohn isn't saying that at all. What he is implying is that they must be used correctly, in the right situations.

The problem you are not understanding is that OCs are governed by a seperate set of rules than the CAs. You would do about as much good sending them a CMRRR Christmas card as you would sending them a DV letter that is designed with CAs regulations in mind. They just don't have to answer to a request they are not legally required to, and have not violated any of your rights by ignoring your request.

As far as serving them, even if they WERE in the wrong here, trying to sue someone of 1 violation, such as this, would get you laughed out of court and cost you money that you could otherwise be using to try and get a PFD somewhere.

People here are more than willing to help you, if they can.

I would suggest you read this information:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/DisputingWithOriginalCreditor.shtml

You *can* dispute with an OC, and they will have to investigate your dispute. There is a difference in disputing and requesting verification.

It can be confusing, and sometimes easier to comprehend by reading over and over.

Good luck.