CA Pmt Arrangement

jlscared

I have some collection agencies working with me on pmt arrangements. What happens if I can't pay that amount this month that we had agreed upon. Of course when I ask them, it's like the worst possible thing, but really I've been paying quite some time & large amounts. I've been reading a lot of things on this site and I've been foolish for automatically paying these companies, but I was very naitive & scared when they first starting calling, so I agreed to pmts so they'd stop talking about suing & such....now I'm stuck paying more than I really can afford. Oh, the companies are Client Services & Philips & Cohen. So, is it alright if I change the amount to less for a month, it's better than nothing, or does that not matter... Thanks for the info.

I think it will depend on the CA. Some are "ok" and will work with you, others will be jerks and report to your credit without a second thought. If I were you I would do my very best to come up with the money and pay them if you already have an arrangement and have been paying. It wouldn't hurt to see if they will work with you, but if they won't find the cash until you can come up with another plan of attack.

Oh, actually, I should have asked....are the collection accounts on your reports??? I assumed that they were not when I made my reply. If they are already on your reports then it doesn't make such a big difference. On the other hand, even though it isn't recommended on this board, I have successfully kept some collection accts off of my credit reports by just paying them before they reported.