Chase; has anyone been able to settle with them?

lostindebtinVT

Hey Lost, I've read on here people settling with Chase with varying degrees of success. Once they pass to a CA though, they will not talk to you. The first CA who handled my chase account offered a settlement, about 15% off the total balance, so not a huge one. My balance is close to yours so I didn't have the $$$ to do it. But once they pass to a CA, they seem to not recall it so they can work with you. I've tried and they just tell me to call the CA.

• 2 weeks later...

I had two cc's with chase, about 16k each, did'nt pay and they never sent to collections, their in-house attorneys sent me collection letters, apparently they have an inhouse collection dept. in the L.A. area, I don't think i ever got a settlement offer, they sued me and someone that was helping me with it didnt follow through and now I got two judgements, they have garnished my wages for 25% of wages but since I have a child support order they are only getting like $20.00 after the child support is deducted.

I had an atty. call them who was helping me with a settlement with a ax business acct. and they did offer a setllement but like others said here I think it was like 15% discount in one lump sum, there is no way I can do this so I haven't done anything.

My guess is that they will try to lien my bank account if they can track it down, which is a possibility.

I also have 60k in cc debt that i havent made payments on for almost a year, one being ax for 30k, b of a for 7k, capital one for 7k, so seriously considering bk7 for all of this, just taking one day at a time.

I don't have the extra money to settle with them or to even try making payments, it will take too long to make payments.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI - I got someone on the phone from Chase today who offered to settle. My acct. was charged off a couple of months ago. My balance was somewhere around 2300 - they offered 1600.

I called 800-945-2006 and spoke to a rep who put me through to recovery.

I also see that the recovery dept.'s # may be 866-252-5777.

Good luck!

has anybody had a debt from chase sold to a ca, and the ca added interest.

I had $5,000 charged off from Chase back in 05. I disputed the debt with the CRAs, Equifax deleted, TU verified, and EX changed the balance to $7,900.

So far I have sent 2 DV's to the CA, but they won't reply.

Is there anything I can do, other than file complaints to the BBB?