lovebug5

Disputed, BK info removed from reports, ITS Letter sent...

Great letter, I need to do the same. I will send the first letter out in the morning. Thanks for the letter. I wish you the best results. :D

I noticed that you mention faxing several times. I'd like to try doing this, did you just search until you found fax numbers for the folks in charge or what?

Seems much nicer than having to wait for the CMRRR to be delivered then waiting for them to respond.

I noticed that you mention faxing several times. I'd like to try doing this, did you just search until you found fax numbers for the folks in charge or what?

Seems much nicer than having to wait for the CMRRR to be delivered then waiting for them to respond.

Weeeelllll...There are many people on the forums who will tell you that faxing isn't sufficient and to send everything CMRRR. However, I have been doing virtually everything via fax because as long as you print out certain information proving that the fax number you're submitting to is valid and you print your fax transmission reports showing successful transmission, the documents are still considered "valid". Basically everything I do is via fax by finding the President's information online and the corporate HQ fax #. :)

TWO UPDATES:

One OC who had been reporting my accounts without the "IIB" status called me today and will be sending me paperwork in the mail indicating that they are removing the TL from my CR's.

Received a fax about five minutes ago from a CA who was busted for violations of the FCRA, FDCPA and BK laws stating:

Please accept this letter as confirmation we have withdrawn the account from our system. We have notified the national credit reporting agencies to delete any reference to this debt from your credit files. Enclosed are copies of those requests.

BADA-BING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

TWO UPDATES:

One OC who had been reporting my accounts without the "IIB" status called me today and will be sending me paperwork in the mail indicating that they are removing the TL from my CR's.

Received a fax about five minutes ago from a CA who was busted for violations of the FCRA, FDCPA and BK laws stating:

BADA-BING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!! ::allhail::

UPDATE:

As of last night's mail which was picked up at about 7:30pm...

Upon further investigation, XXXX has closed the above referenced file. If this debt has been reported to the major credit bureaus we will notify them to delete it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

So, in all technicality, that makes three official deletes in one day. :)

lovebug.

Aint that the truth!!!

i luv your avatar and your quote. Your posts are so helpful, inspiring, motivating...I am at a crossroads now. I needed the latest posts so bad to get started for today because I was apprehensive about requesting PFD's by fax. When I am finished requesting those, I will read other posts by you.

Thanks!!!

lovebug.

Aint that the truth!!! i luv your avatar and your quote. Your posts are so helpful, inspiring, motivating...I am at a crossroads now. I needed the latest posts so bad to get started for today because I was apprehensive about requesting PFD's by fax. When I am finished requesting those, I will read other posts by you. Thanks!!!

Being apprehensive about doing anything via fax is totally understandable. However, if you take the time to research the company's information (the BBB is a great resource) and find the corporate fax number and President's name, it's a pretty easy way to get information there quickly. If you're going to do things via fax, print out a copy of the website where you obtained the fax number, such as the BBB listing. After your fax has successfully transmitted, print out a copy of your transmission report showing successful transmission to the corporate number. :)

Being apprehensive about doing anything via fax is totally understandable. However, if you take the time to research the company's information (the BBB is a great resource) and find the corporate fax number and President's name, it's a pretty easy way to get information there quickly. If you're going to do things via fax, print out a copy of the website where you obtained the fax number, such as the BBB listing. After your fax has successfully transmitted, print out a copy of your transmission report showing successful transmission to the corporate number. :)

You know,

I went on the hunt and I found one of the CA's I needed online, but it didnt have a website. In the "LoveBug" spirit, I continued to search by googling the phone number of the agency. Lo' and behold, I found the president of the company and her email address on a realtors board she is a member of.

That was kind of neat. I've also talked to Allied Collections.On my credit report they list the address as Hoschton, GA. When you call, they tell you to send correspondence to Alabama address. Seemingly, they were nice, but she says they cant do a PFD. She says they can just take it to a xero balance showing it as paid. I'm going to fax a letter. Do you have any good ones you'd recommend?

Thanks

You know, I went on the hunt and I found one of the CA's I needed online, but it didnt have a website. In the "LoveBug" spirit, I continued to search by googling the phone number of the agency. Lo' and behold, I found the president of the company and her email address on a realtors board she is a member of. That was kind of neat. I've also talked to Allied Collections.On my credit report they list the address as Hoschton, GA. When you call, they tell you to send correspondence to Alabama address. Seemingly, they were nice, but she says they cant do a PFD. She says they can just take it to a xero balance showing it as paid. I'm going to fax a letter. Do you have any good ones you'd recommend? Thanks

First and foremost, be incredibly careful when you talk to CA's over the phone. The reason why we want everything in writing is to create a solid paper trail in the event that we need to pursue legal action. If you have the financial means to offer a PFD, I would send a letter to the President of the CA. As far as a letter...I'm one of those people who suggests not using form letters and writing your own. It gives you a better understanding of what you're doing and makes the letters a tad bit more personal. :)

UPDATE:

Today was my deadline for my most recent letters that went out and I'm pushing forward with my BBB/AG/FTC complaints against these guys and preparing all of the necessary documents to move forward in court. The following was just sent to one CA in particular:

As of today, December 11th, 2007, I have not received any correspondence from XXXX. acknowledging my demand for removal of the above-referenced accounts from my credit files. I have contacted you in writing on two occasions, outlining XXXX’s violations of the FCRA, FDCPA, Bankruptcy Law and Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Practices Act. Transmission reports printed from my fax machine show successful transmission of both pieces of correspondence and are evidence of XXXX’s receipt.

Per my correspondence, I demanded a response by today, December 11th, 2007. As I have not received one, complaints have been filed with the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General of Illinois and the Federal Trade Commission. Copies of the aforementioned complaints have been attached for your review, and each complaint outlines the detail of my previous correspondence with XXXX and XXXX’s willful non-compliance.

I have prepared a Motion for Contempt and Request for Sanctions against Certified Services, Inc. in the United States Bankruptcy Court, XXXX for filing. I have also prepared a Federal complaint against XXXX for multiple violations of the FCRA and FDCPA. I am incredibly confident that any bankruptcy or federal judge would rule in my favor once provided with all of the supplemental documentation.

Upon receipt of this correspondence, I am hoping that you will see the importance of resolving this situation amicably and without the need for legal action. If you are unwilling to resolve this situation amicably, please notify me by December 17th, 2007, so that I may file suit.

Weeeelllll...There are many people on the forums who will tell you that faxing isn't sufficient and to send everything CMRRR. However, I have been doing virtually everything via fax because as long as you print out certain information proving that the fax number you're submitting to is valid and you print your fax transmission reports showing successful transmission, the documents are still considered "valid". Basically everything I do is via fax by finding the President's information online and the corporate HQ fax #. :)

Lovebug,

I would probably still CMRRR anyway, however, concerning your FAXing, do you put your FAX number in the end of the letter? Do you request that they only fax you? How do you personally state how you want to be faxed? I have a house line that I never use, but cancelling it would bring my cable bill a mere $15....so I decided to make that a dedicated fax line (which I'll probably get after the holidays). If this has been a success story for you, I might have to do the same.

My congratulations BTW. :)

Lovebug,

I would probably still CMRRR anyway, however, concerning your FAXing, do you put your FAX number in the end of the letter? Do you request that they only fax you? How do you personally state how you want to be faxed? I have a house line that I never use, but cancelling it would bring my cable bill a mere $15....so I decided to make that a dedicated fax line (which I'll probably get after the holidays). If this has been a success story for you, I might have to do the same.

My congratulations BTW. :)

I do not allow any return documents via fax. Although my home number is connected to a fax machine, I only have the ability to answer it as a fax when I take a look at the caller I.D. and see that it's a big, bad CA that I've been dealing with. I only accept correspondence via Mail, unless otherwise sent and accepted. So technically, I don't have a dedicated fax line. Everything that has been sent to me has been done through the mail, including copies of what has been previously faxed. :)

:goodluck: