Windows Vista !

jcntx13

I have my New computer with windows vista home premium,i like it alot .It has more option settings and more control, with some cool gadgets. J

I have a new computer with it also. Seen the bluescreen of death far many more times than I have on XP. I can attribute a lot of this to Norton's though. SUCKS! As far as VISTA goes, it's okay.

They say that Vista uses way too many resources and that Microsoft went apesh:t with all the integrated firewalls.

I've heard more than one person decide on a Mac this time rather than put up with Windows any longer.

There is a also a popular Linux base OS for normal people called Ubuntu or soemthing.

It all depends on why you purchased your computer in the first place.

I purchased my laptop with Windows Vista for Business in case I decided to leave my current employer. If I decided to go with a company like New York Life, I would need to purchase my own computer. Since that decision may be made in the future, I decided it would be best to be ready with the "business" edition of Windows.

If it was a personal purchase, I'd probably go with Linux instead. Linux and Mac's are MUCH less prone to hacking and viruses than Windows-based OS computers.

They say that Vista uses way too many resources and that Microsoft went apesh:t with all the integrated firewalls.

I've heard more than one person decide on a Mac this time rather than put up with Windows any longer.

There is a also a popular Linux base OS for normal people called Ubuntu or soemthing.

Linux all the way for me, however, for practical use with most applications you'll need Windows (BOOO). I purchased mine for personal use and I knew that I would be leaving my employer soon and that I would need a Windows laptop so that's why I made my choice (beside, it's came free with the computer). I have Linux and MAC also. One other annoying thing about VISTA is that not all applications from XP are compatible!

Linux all the way for me, however, for practical use with most applications you'll need Windows (BOOO). I purchased mine for personal use and I knew that I would be leaving my employer soon and that I would need a Windows laptop so that's why I made my choice (beside, it's came free with the computer). I have Linux and MAC also. One other annoying thing about VISTA is that not all applications from XP are compatible!

Right-click the program and select "Properties".

Click on the compatibility tab.

Select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select an appropriate compatible operating system.

But even with this, some programs still have issues with Vista, so this isn't a "fix-all", but it's close.

Vista is a true 64bit operating system which keeps in line with the architecture of the newest and fastest chips. Upgrades are necessary if you wish to keep inline with the latest power capabiltities.

Everyone hates change, but learn it and get used to it and keep yourself valuable.

Switching to Mac at this juncture is to completely pull the covers over your eyes, I wouldnt' recommend it for longevity purposes.

And.. business version of operating systems are generally just stripped down media and entertainment versions that include the business components as well. Just make sure you have Office and you'll be fine either way.

For the record, I'm using XP still, this is an old speech that will always be applicable for all future changes.