Woohoo. I was just approved for the Kay Jewlers card with a limit of $4400. Thats my second highest limit yet. I have a NFCU visa with a $5000 limit. Wow. I have seen alot of people mention they are fairly easy to get. I just applied on a whim and am totally suprised. This rocks. :mrgreen:

Now, go get the Jerad and JR cards from them. They all share the same 4400 CL, however they report seperately and look on your report like 3 individual 4400 CL cards.

So, you could had 13200 dollars of avaliable credit to your reports :)

Oh yes, and CONGRATS!

• Like 1
Now, go get the Jerad and JR cards from them. They all share the same 4400 CL, however they report seperately and look on your report like 3 individual 4400 CL cards.

Oh yes, and CONGRATS!

Really? So do I go apply for them individually at their own websites?

I know who Jared is. I'm not sure who JR is. Thanks for the heads up. I'll do that this today for sure.

Oh yes, and CONGRATS!

Will JR pull again if you have the others? I don't want the INQ. Do you know who they pull? JR, I mean.

I found JB Robinson website if anyone is interested:

http://www.jbrobinson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/JBR/CustomerService/BuyingDiamond.jsp?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&langId=-1

I decided to wait. While my EQ Fako went up (over 600 now YEAH!), I have too many new accounts. I will wait until next year like I planned.

Well I went ahead and applied for a Jarred Galleria card since everyone said they are the same. Well I was approved instantly with the Kay card. I got a 7 day message with the Jarred card. So we'll see if I get both now.

Well I went ahead and applied for a Jarred Galleria card since everyone said they are the same. Well I was approved instantly with the Kay card. I got a 7 day message with the Jarred card. So we'll see if I get both now.

Jared is currently processed manually; that's why you got the 7 day message.

Same happened with me. I got both cards on the same day, and I wasn't expecting the Jared card. Same limit on both

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Once you have one of sterlings cards you can have ALL of sterlings cards. however, if they give you 1000 dollars of credit on the first card, all cards will SHARE that 1000 dollar line of credit. However they will report like 10 lines of 1000 dollar credit (IE total available credit for the 10 cards will add up to 10,000 on your reports. GREAT for overall util)

The down side. Who ever they pulled the first time. They will pull for each new card you ask for. So if they pulled EX first, they will pull it again.. If they pulled EQ or TU first go get some more cards and b* or dispute the inq's away..

I have four sterling accounts, 1 inq (I left it there for good measure)

LeRoy's Jewelers - leroyjewelers.com

Osterman Jewelers - ostermanjewelers.com

Weisfield Jewelers - weisfieldjewelers.com

Rogers Jewelers - rogersjewelers.com

Shaw's Jewelers - shawsjewelers.com

Kay Jewelers - kay.com

J.B. Robinson Jewelers - jbrobinson.com

Belden Jewelers - beldens.com

Goodman Jewelers - goodmanjeweler.com

Marks & Morgan Jewelers - marksandmorgan.com

Friedlander's Jewelers - friedlanders.com

These are all owned by Sterling.

Mine was in the Mid 500's, 545 I think it was. Kay seems to be really friendly :) I actually found my wifes exact ring at a pawn shop the other day and was able to buy it for a TON less (about 20%) of what we paid kay. Wife had NO problem what so ever bringing the kay ring back. While they tried to get us to pick out something else, when I explained that we had found a different ring (why tell them the whole story) they gladly returned it and credited my card back. So I now have 4 cards on my report with 0 ball on all of them! my Fico shot up to 595. Kay seems to be REALLY fast to report and update. Now.. If chase would update my EQ report. I pif'd 3 months ago and they are still showing my pre-pay off balance of 10K

I just got an email from Jared. I was approved for their card as well. So since my initial limit with Kay was $4400, i'm assuming that the Jared card will also have a limit of $4400. But they will both report individually right? That should help quite abit with utilization.

I just got an email from Jared. I was approved for their card as well. So since my initial limit with Kay was $4400, i'm assuming that the Jared card will also have a limit of $4400. But they will both report individually right? That should help quite abit with utilization.

They do report individually. As merk said, you can get all of the TL's with one limit, but it looks great if you need the TL's

And if you max out one card, the other still show 0 ballance :D

Way cool!

Granted, I did not max mine, but it did have a 1200 bal, the other card reported 0 bal.

So they only show the balance on one card? I thought I remember someone writing they had the same balance on both the kay and jared after using the kay card.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Once you have one of sterlings cards you can have ALL of sterlings cards.

I took your advice Merkurfan. I had Kay amd now I have Jared...nice for the utilization. Thanks for the info!

-r :D

I had to get me some of that Kay Love too. Another 2K available credit.

Congratulations! Your application for credit with Kay Jewelers has been approved and is available for immediate use. Your account number and credit line are listed below.

Account Number: XXXYYYZZZ

Credit Line: $2000

This site (and its members) was a Godsend. :IThankYou:

Well I got the cards yesterday. So it's official. Kay and Jared. Both approved with $4400 limit.

Now how long does it take for them to show up on my credit report? Do I need to go buy something first or will they just start reporting? Thank again to everyone on this board for all your help.

Well I got the cards yesterday. So it's official. Kay and Jared. Both approved with $4400 limit.

Now how long does it take for them to show up on my credit report? Do I need to go buy something first or will they just start reporting? Thank again to everyone on this board for all your help.

Both of my accounts reported without a purchase. It took a few weeks

I went on a little spree last week and got approved for Hooters MC (? Limit) and Target ($200). I applied for Kay Jewelers online and was denied so I went to the store last night and tried like someone said to and was denied again. They pulled Equifax.

FICO: TU: 640

EX: 620

EQ: 600

I don't know why they rejected me. I'll have to wait for the letter. I have about 13 derogatories but 8 are medical and Citibank, AMEX and Hooters all said yes in the last 6 months (maybe that's why). I just wanted the extra available credit. I sure don't intend to spend money on overpriced Jewelry.