Thanks this is a great way to boost it. I just applied a couple weeks ago after Crown Jewelers which i got but not reporting i bought something to. KAy is already reporting on TU now reporting EX/ and EQ to jump up soon. And JR, and Jared are not on yet. This gave me a 31 point jump on my TU. SICK!!!! Thanks good job.... Now when Crown reports and the rest i cant wait...

I finally talked to Kay tonight after getting the 7-10 day message.

Because of my fraud alert on EQ, they tried to reach me. Told me the number on the EQ file was out of service. Huh?

Somewhere between January 6 and March 12, my EQ file changed my middle initial and ONE DIGIT in the phone number on my FA. I never noticed until Kay told me they couldn't reach me. They can totally see that it's just one digit off from the phone number I listed on my app. and I told them I could verify anything else they wanted. But their rules are very strict about this apparently. They couldn't have been any nicer....but.......

Kay won't open my account until they can call me at the actual number listed in the EQ FA. I'm approved but only until April 1. EQ is making me send my left arm in by mail to correct the FA. So I'll have to reapply for Kay when it's all straightened out.

Venting again!!!!

Kay won't open my account until they can call me at the actual number listed in the EQ FA. I'm approved but only until April 1. EQ is making me send my left arm in by mail to correct the FA. So I'll have to reapply for Kay when it's all straightened out. Venting again!!!!

Careful with that. I was in the exact same situation with Kay and it turned into a big mess. Once I had my FA information taken care of, I reapplied with Kay over the phone. They denied me on the basis that I had just applied. Even after explaining what happened to the supervisor, they suggested that I wait a few months...So I ended up having quite a few IQ's out of it. ;)

Careful with that. I was in the exact same situation with Kay and it turned into a big mess. Once I had my FA information taken care of, I reapplied with Kay over the phone. They denied me on the basis that I had just applied. Even after explaining what happened to the supervisor, they suggested that I wait a few months...So I ended up having quite a few IQ's out of it. ;)

Thank you lovebug. Great advice. I will cool it with them for awhile. I was also denied by GEMB for Walmart and JCP for the same reason (but approved by them for Dillards..go figure). I NEVER would have gone on my app spree if I would have noticed this change in the one digit!!! I talked to a CSR at WM who said to wait 30 days to reapply. So I will follow her advice. Thanks again for passing on your experience. This was very frustrating...but I'm not that worked up thanks to my 4K WaMu approval and Hooters...can't wait to get the mail and see what they approved me for! (I didn't get instant approval - found out when I called that I was approved but they couldn't tell me how much for).

I finally got some guts today and applied to Kay's online. Woo hoo! $3000.00 credit line approved! Yay me!

Because I was feeling all fancy pants I decided to also apply for a Hooters card. INSTANT denial. WTF??? I assume they pulled TU, which is my highest FICO. I was sooooooo disappointed! I can't imagine what they found on there to deny me for! No collections, no lates for over 3 1/2 years, no judgments, notta! What gives?

Sorry for the rant. I'm thankful for the Kay card. I think I'm gonna continue on with maybe a Jared's. I just need to watch my inquiries.

I finally got some guts today and applied to Kay's online. Woo hoo! $3000.00 credit line approved! Yay me!

Because I was feeling all fancy pants I decided to also apply for a Hooters card. INSTANT denial. WTF??? I assume they pulled TU, which is my highest FICO. I was sooooooo disappointed! I can't imagine what they found on there to deny me for! No collections, no lates for over 3 1/2 years, no judgments, notta! What gives?

Sorry for the rant. I'm thankful for the Kay card. I think I'm gonna continue on with maybe a Jared's. I just need to watch my inquiries.

Please tell me they pulled EX or TU??

I have a FA so I will wait a couple of months, anyway.

When I applied for Kay's they pulled EQ for me and show up as Sterling. I had an FA and just verified my identity when I went into the store and they called my phone while I was there. I could have sworn that Kay's is exclusive to EQ unless you have a freeze in place.

Not sure yet who they pulled, but I'll let you know later on today when I pull True Credit.

I just applied for a Kay's card and it said they were unable to fully process my request for instant credit and that they will notify within 20 business days. So does that mean I was denied all together or that they couldn't process the instant approval so they need more time?

More time, if it's because you had an FA they will send you a letter asking for identification. When I got mine, I went to the store and they called them and verified me right there. Although my cell is on my CR, they will try to call you to verify.

More time, if it's because you had an FA they will send you a letter asking for identification. When I got mine, I went to the store and they called them and verified me right there. Although my cell is on my CR, they will try to call you to verify.

Well, let's hope I get the same thing! I really need to rebuild my credit. I only have a car loan (cosigner on) and a Macy's card ($100 CL). I had some C/O and collections but i'm working on paying them off now and some are due to be deleted this year and next.

Kay denied me, have 677 Experian (that's who they pulled). Only had 2 inq's, 1 CA(in dispute) and 3 charge offs (3 yrs old). BK discharged last year. ???? I also have the Fraud alert, but I've heard of them calling to verify with people, not with me:-( Are they BK friendly does anyone know?

With me, I had a Kay card a long time ago with perfect payment history. Account was closed due to inactivity 7 years prior to me ever filing for BK. After my BK I applied - was denied. Waited 3 months and applied again - was denied, this time on the basis that they require at least 6 months of perfect payment history on my new accounts post discharge. Applied again a few months later, received the trifecta. Ended up with two hards on my EQ, 1 hard on my TU and a soft on my EX.

And still, Kay is not reporting. Only Jareds and JB are.

Okay, after reading this ENTIRE thread, I went ahead and grew some cojones and applied for the Kay card. I got the 20 day ugly message, so here's hoping that I am one of the lucky ones as well! I will take whatever they give me, but here's hoping for a 4 digit credit line! Does it normally take the full 20 days to find out, or do you know any sooner?

Well, I just called and was denied. My scores are so bad! I guess I'll wait a couple of months when my scores are hopefully better (hopefully). :cry:

Are you on an app spree right now? You've posted in a couple of threads about applying for things...Are you researching who you should be applying with, if you should be applying at all?

Are you on an app spree right now? You've posted in a couple of threads about applying for things...Are you researching who you should be applying with, if you should be applying at all?

Yes, I have applied for a couple different things and I've been approved for a Rewards 660 and a Total Visa and now a Crown Jewelers account.

Yes, I have researched which was why I was applying for these accounts.

Thanks

Yes, I have applied for a couple different things and I've been approved for a Rewards 660 and a Total Visa and now a Crown Jewelers account.

Yes, I have researched which was why I was applying for these accounts.

Thanks

Got it. :) You sound like you're on a good path so far...Now repair, repair, repair!